Chapter 17

Duke's p.o.v

Serafina had come to speak with me about Angelica and honestly I didn't care. I knew she'd leave, she always did. I'm not going to stop her anymore, as far as she's concerned I rejected her she even accepted it. Angelica always ran away from her problems and right now she's the least of mine. James is the one my focus is on, he's the one that's causing trouble for me, my pack are losing faith in me. It didn't help I marked another she wolf even though my mate was still alive, I admit to hurting Angelica but she's hurt me too, and for the life of me I just can't seem to get over it. I was in my office seeing to the plan of attack against James, when there was a knock on the door.

"It's open"

"Sorry I um, I n-need t-to t-talk to y-you" Angelica stuttered

"Well talk, and hurry up about it I'm busy"

"Oh, um I can come back later, or you could....."

"Just say it Angelica, you're leaving... stop beating around the fucking bush and just say it"

"Duke if you think I can stay without it affecting both of us your wrong, you don't want me, we can't fix it, what else am I supposed to do? hang around and wait for you to mark esarosa again.... it's funny you know, you could mark her but couldn't even mark your own mate... I get it, I left but u can't hold on to something you never really had could you?"

"So leave... walk away... run from your problems because your too damn weak to face them. Do what you do best Angelica and just get the hell out of my life.... Your too weak to be a luna anyway, I don't need you and I don't need anyone else, you have until 4 this afternoon to be off my land"

"You know what duke, I am weak, I am useless but I'm also a god damn fool, I love you so freaking much and you just don't see it, but you can't love someone when they can't love you back, you betrayed me first remember that and then you go find some dirty whore and mark her without thinking twice and yet you get the chance to mark your mate and you walk away, if that's the life your giving me duke I don't want to be your luna"

"Just go, and don't come back"

And with that she turned and walked out... It was killing me so bad, I wanted to run after her and apologise but I think it's better she leaves, she said we can't fix it, so there is no point keeping her here knowing we both screwed it up. How anyone can act like this with there mate is beyond me, because it is quite literally killing me, coda isn't talking to me, he was annoyed at me for talking to Angelica the way I had, for kicking her out of the pack and I deserved it all.