Amongst Us - chapter 1

Angelica's P.O.V

I could see the lake, the way it was always just so calm, the serenity in it, the peace I feel within myself knowing I'm nothing. I never will be, not to my pack and not to anyone else, especially my brother Cadmen. I swear on my life that I'm going to be one of these wolves that never find there mate but that's ok with me because at least I know I won't subject them to the compulsion they'd feel to want me and protect me when nobody wants that after what I did and I wouldn't want to bring them down to a life they don't deserve, anybody and everybody deserves to be angry with me for what I did and nobody deserves to be brought down with me, I wouldn't subject my mate to that, and that's why I'm glad I haven't met him and I hope I never will! My thoughts filled my head like they always did. Nobody talked to me unless they had to, so what else could I do? I have nothing left. It's my fault that it's this way. If I had of listened to my lessons my parents would still be here even as much as I hated them, I can't change it and I know why I've been outcasted. I had a choice to live in the pack house even though nobody wanted me there it was that or I would have been banished from the pack altogether. I knew I wouldn't make it on my own so I stayed. Alpha Lowell made it clear he wanted me here, he told me that much, why he wanted me to stay I had no idea, whether it was because he felt he owed it to his beta, his best friend, my father Conna, or if it was that he felt sorry for me, I had no clue. It was my brother who took the place of beta once my father left and he hadn't spoken to me since the accident and I don't blame him. "Angelica, Alpha Lowell wishes to see you pronto" Arella Stephans sneered at me.

I just nod at her and make my way to see him. I knocked on his office door when I arrived.

"Angelica, please come in" he ordered

I walked into his office, I haven't been in here for a while, I wonder what it's all about!

"y-you wanted to s-see me Alpha" I mumbled

"yes Angelica, I've noticed you haven't changed into your wolf for a while now and I need to warn you it isn't safe to try and keep your wolf at bay, she needs to be let out, you know this Angelica so why haven't you? It's dangerous and selfish. I know things have been tough but if you don't talk to me I can't help you" the concern was all over his face

"A-alpha I-I um - well I d-don't feel comfortable switching to m-my wolf"

"and why not Angelica, tell me why"

"it's to dangerous Alpha, I don't know I-I c-can't explain"

"changing to your wolf form is certainly not dangerous Angelica, but it most definitely is dangerous keeping her locked away. Tell me Angelica when was the last time that she was out?" he pushed

"I-I um - I-it was um about a year and a half ago Alpha" I stuttered

"Angelica why do you feel like your wolf is dangerous. Exactly what did happen that afternoon, please you need to talk to me" he spoke softly

"I-it d-doesn't matter Alpha, everyone knows what happened I don't need to talk about it" I whispered

"Angelica I hate to do this, but for the safety of this pack I am ordering you to change to your wolf form at least once a week, I will be there to help you but you will follow my orders or I'll have no choice but ask you to leave the pack, I can't jeopardise the safety of the pack for you, it's already been too long, this afternoon meet me at the training centre, do I make myself clear?" he ordered

"y-yes a-alpha, I-I um- I'll be there - w-what time Alpha?

" 3 pm, don't be late, if you aren't there Angelica, as much as it pains me to say it, but I won't have any choice, do I make myself clear?"