Amongst Us

Angelica's p.o.v

I could tell Duke was off in wonder land because his eyes just went blank, staring off into space without a care in the world.... Well hello there stupid... Rogue's are going to be here very soon and im pretty sure they want to kill us. Sometimes i wonder about that boy i really do, seriously what a time to be in such deep thought. 

I was keeping my eyes on James knowing that there had to be a trick up his sleeve, because why else would he come straight out into the open the way he was. Sera growled when she noticed Esarosa by James' side that traitorous bitch, i had put a reserve sign on her for me and i had told everyone through the pack link that too. I will be the one to take her down and there will not be mercy. She is as loyal as an alley cat in other words she's out for herself and as long as she can get what she wants nothing else matters. Sera had a thing against people who could not maintain there loyalty to those who have a right to it. That's why i had lost it with my parents and my mother ended up dead. It was because they weren't loyal either. I could hear Sera tearing away, she was fuming and she just wanted complete control to rip Esarosa apart and i was going to openly give her as much control as she needed when the time comes but for now i had to keep the control, in order to not mess up and time it all right so that Duke's pack and the visitors we had come out on top without losing major numbers.

Looking at Duke i could also tell that he had a lot on his mind, and i knew that maybe i should ask him about it later but right now i'm still not sure that i am going to return to Duke's pack once this is all over. As of right now i still believe that the problems between Duke and I are still there and they may never ever get to the point where we can just get over it. Both of us have been hurt by the other one too many times i think and some parts of me don't want to forgive him for what he's done, i tried accepting that he had marked Esarosa for the good of the pack, but the fact is, he still did it. The one person who has caused me so much trouble, the one person i can't stand at all and never would be able to was the one person he decided to make his Luna.

I put my thoughts behind me as James made his way in front of both Duke and I, and before anybody could speak james did.

" hello brother"

" James" Duke greeted

This truly was a mind fuck since when was he going to tell me that James was his brother? why am i only finding out now? I don't understand this at all and by the looks on Duke's face he knew what thoughts were going through my mind and right now i really didn't care... Duke lied to me by not telling me, he let this happen and now he plans on fighting his brother and really i want no part in it. I shook my head at Duke and went to walk away until James spoke...

' I see my big brother didn't tell you about me"

" What's there to tell, i wouldn't admit to being your family either, what is it James you feel you should be Alpha so now you want to take Duke down? it's the usual thing obviously, you both are ridiculous, a stupid family feud has you both risking innocent lives, maybe both of you need to grow up. I'm out of here " I said angrily

" I wouldn't be walking away if i were you Angelica, you'll miss the best part." james taunted

" trust me, i don't care what either of you have to say because as far as i'm concerned you both should be ashamed of yourselves, i dont wish to hear anything about why we are all standing here as i said you both are willing to risk innocent lives and i don't agree with it. Sort it out between yourselves instead of bringing them into it. As for her ( pointing to Esarosa) you should have just killed the stupid whore while you had the chance because she's only good for double crossing people the first chance she gets."

At that Esarosa arked up and she pounced at me, i jumped out of her way and back handed her in the mouth as i turned towards her. I took up a defensive stance as she snarled her teeth at me challenging me.... Stupid girl i thought, i could tear her apart from limb to limb and she should know that. I was about ready to accept her challenge as James called her off, that's fine i'd still get to her when she least expects it, I gave them one last look before i turned and walked away from them. Then i heard Duke....

" I didn't lie to you and you know that, you're just finding your way out like you always do, i was going to tell you i just didn't know how. You walk away now Ange, you walk away for good. There is no backwards and forwards anymore, you leave now, you leave for good. You step foot onto my land and i will have you killed like i do all Rogues. "

" HaHaHaHa looks like you just got the same ultimatum as i did Angelica, the only difference is he is giving you a chance to stay..... but for what? Tell me Duke, what have any of them really got to stay for? This is still happening and you know as well as i do that Angelica is one of the best fighters you have, so tell me Duke what kind of position are you in to be able to afford to lose her.... as usual i can see it's your ignorance to the matter at hand. " James chided

" James this will still happen i know that, but i'm not going to make someone who doesn't want to be here stay... That goes for the rest of you (aiming it at his pack members), if you feel i've led you here under false pretense and you wish to leave then do so now" 

I didn't know what to do Sera was all over the place and i was kind of on my own, i felt like Duke kept a really big secret from me, did he not trust me enough to tell me? I couldn't understand and right now i didn't want to. I didn't want to stick this out and see the loss of valuable pack members that we were sure to lose, i didn't want to get through this just to be told by Duke that something could have prevented the deaths that are sure to happen. We aren't immortals we WILL lose some of the pack and i can't stay to witness it and then maybe find out it could have been prevented. i can't do it. I walked away with my head down. As much as i couldn't do it, making this decision felt like the most disloyal thing i could do to Duke, he was counting on me and i walked away from him, i kept walking and all of a sudden i hit a brick wall... only it wasn't a brick wall. It was one of the warriors that had come from the other pack.

"Sorry i wasn't watching where i was going " 

" I noticed... don't be to hard on him kid, he's had it rougher than most kids i know. " the man said

"What's your name? " i asked

" Wesley, but you can call me Wes. "

" Nice to meet you Wes, but i'm afraid it's too late, he told me if i walked, i walked for good."

" True he may have said that but technically you haven't left yet, and to be quite honest with you i don't think you want to leave, could i be right? " he asked

" i don't know, you could be right now i'm not sure of anything,"

" Well if you decide to stay keep in mind we could use your help, i seen you fight those four rogues, trained up properly you could fight as well as what our Warriors do, what i'm saying is... they think you have gone, so not only will they be surprised that alpha Duke has back up but that you didn't really go anywhere, you hit them with the element of surprise, and by the end of it you tell Duke it was your plan all along and that you couldn't tell him in order to pull it off. Then you also get the answers that you need. "

" It's not that simple though, i can't or don't think i can handle knowing we have lost pack members over something so stupid. I can't watch any of them die knowing it may well have gone a different way, i just can't do it, in saying that though i thank you from the bottom of my heart for being as loyal as you are. For being here with the rest of your warriors and fighters to help Duke, i wish you all the best. "