Chapter 3

Skyla above ^^^^^^

We pulled up to the pack house. the roar of the engine stopped and silence followed. Neither of us knowing what to say to the other. I didn't wanna acknowledge the fact that we were mates, not properly anyway. Without a word alpha Landon opened the door and made his way around the car. Surprisingly he came round to my side, opened the door and lifted me out by the waist. I sighed, typical alpha, always treating me like I'm made of glass. I'm so sick of this lifestyle.

Stomping away from him, I made a beeline towards the pack house, grasping at the ripped clothing around my body that barely covered anything. Shockingly the alpha hadn't made any move to chase after me, or cover me up. heck, maybe he really didn't care.

The door burst open without me even touching it and out walked my mom and dad with my brothers behind them. I could feel my face heating up by the second but decided to ignore it and walk straight past them to my room. My day had been bad enough without another lecture from my family.

"Talia Crimson! What in gods name happened to your clothes?" My mom screamed to me while I was already mid-way up the stairs. I grunted rather unattractively and carried on walking, throwing my muddy shoes to the floor below and tugging at the lumps of dirt tangled in my hair.

"Ask the big tattooed idiot at the door" I mumbled, knowing they could hear me.

Why couldn't my life be simple? I don't wanna be the girl in that love story who falls for the alpha of a big pack with all the power, y'know the gullible one who believes that their mate is perfect? I suppose if this were a book then my mate would say killing his first love was an 'accident' or he was bipolar or something. But this was real life, things like that don't happen here. Besides I'd much rather be a normal person, even human has to better than being a werewolf. Then I could be free, do what I want and not have to answer to anyone. Travel the world, be independent. But sadly, I wasn't human. I was a werewolf and this was my life.

Snapping myself out of my mini meltdown I decided to run myself a bath. If those bubbles couldn't calm me down then I don't know what would. I opened up my wardrobe and selected a pair of sweatpants and a singlet, maybe the gym would help me calm down after my bath. Anything to get my mind off of that alpha. Grabbing the newest crime novel that lay upon my bed I made my way towards the main bathroom with a towel and my book in hand. The water was warm but not scorching hot like I wanted it. Maybe a bath wasn't the greatest idea, oh well. Beggars can't be choosers.

I tore off the two pieces of my dress from my body, the mud was already starting to dry and i heard a slight cracking as i pulled off the top half of the garment off of me. Deciding to tie my hair up into a bun on top of my head, i placed one foot into the bath and sat down, letting the bubbles reach my shoulders.

I sighed and opened up the book, divulging into the words of Martina Cole and her gangster crime novel, the book wasn't exactly new. In fact it was well worn out from when skyla had read it after buying it from amazon and having them deliver it here all the way from England. But nevertheless it was a compelling book and with that final thought I slipped into the land of happy endings and gun fights.

"well, this is a pretty sight" a deep vibrato voice said, shocking me to the core. I screamed and jumped up, dropping something as i did. I looked towards the doors of the bathroom to see a mop of dirty blonde hair and an alpha with a smile on his face. Grabbing a fluffy white towel from the rail i wrapped it around myself, covering my body and stopping him from seeing anything. Surprisingly though, he never looked anywhere but at my eyes, that smile never dropping.

"Do you mind!? You can't just walk in on somebody in the bath tub! No matter who you are!" I screamed, using my hands while I spoke to emphasize my point. Making sure to hold the towel tightly in case it fell, showing him yet again the proof of my gender. With those words said a murderous glare replaced his smile.

"I have every right to come in here and see my mate and you should be a submissive little girl and not talk back to those of a higher rank than you, am i clear?!" i flinched back at his tone but decided to stand my ground, I was not going to let a visiting alpha male boss me around, mate or not. I stepped out of the bath and walked a few feet closer to him, looking up at his manly form, having to crane my neck slightly.

"I will not be talked to in that matter, you will never be my mate. Last I heard you killed her off a long time ago, and i will not be disrespected by the likes of you. We are equals and i will never ever, bow down to you." In a flash i was against the wall, his hands around my neck keeping me pinned to the cold tiles. His eyes were completely black, his iris no longer visible and a dark aura seemed to fill the room like a bad stench, making me gasp for breath and struggle to keep my eyes open.

"Now, you will listen to me pup. I am your mate. No one will ever be able to make you feel the way I do, you will never be whole without me and as for the girl before you- she is not to be spoken of, am I clear?" It wasn't a threat, it was a promise, I could tell by the way he looked straight at me, never once blinking. I clawed at his hands as he leaned in closer to my neck, and took in a deep breath of my scent. Yelping i covered the area at which my shoulder and neck meet, protecting it from his canines.

He laughed and pulled my hand away with a sweep of his index finger.

"Do you really think that would stop me? If i was going to mark you, I would mark you" He stopped and looked down at my body that was still pretty much covered completely by the towel, if not only displaying my shoulders and calves. I felt a chill run up my spine as his eyes raked over my collarbone and upper chest, my wolf was yipping in my mind at my mates approval when he grunted and locked eyes with me again. His brown eyes shaking me to the very core.

"So beautiful, so vulnerable. I could mark you y'know? that is, if you're not gonna be a good girl and follow my orders?" His lips drew closer to mine and for a split second i wanted to kiss him again, like we did in the forest. That was until I saw my book in the bath tub, now completely submerged in water wuth the pages beginning to rip off and stick to the sides of the porcelain tub. That douche-bag had made me drop it.

"Over my dead body"