Chapter 20

Not edited

I woke up to an empty bed and a dark room. The curtains were drawn shut and the moon reflected effortlessly onto my pale skin through the glass ceiling. I hesitantly felt around for Christian but found that there was no evidence he had even slept with me. Raising an eyebrow to myself I pulled the covers down and looked at myself. Noticing that I was in fact wearing no clothes.

Okay Tali, so you either had a really vivid ass dream or he just didn't sleep in the same bed as you.
I caught a glimpse of one of his shirts on the floor and decided to get up and explore. I hadn't been out for a run in about a month and it would be much needed. Better going at night than at any other time. I felt around for my phone strangely suspecting it may be somewhere near me but spotted it on the bedside cabinet on Landons side of the bed.
Shirt or phone I debated.

Slipping out from the covers I grabbed my phone and checked the time first. The screen showed a picture of Skyla, Tony and I when they had first met posing in front of My desk at work. I felt a small tug at my heart thinking about back home. My apartment, my job, my friends. But I felt content here for some odd reason, like I had a reason to stay this time; and I think it had something to do with a particular brooding alpha. The time read 2:16 am with the date hanging right above it. Perfect, moon should be great for shifting at this time, making the transition smoother.
Taking my phone in hand I sat up from the bed, now fully convinced that Christian and I hadn't had sex and in fact it was another dream since I seemed to be having a lot of those lately.

I stood up too fast and my head began to spin when I felt a pain in my lower regions and my legs gave out completely from under me. I let out a quick Yelp and instantly fell to the floor my legs throbbing in pain and shaking. Had I been running in my sleep or some shit?

I casually threw a hand through my brown hair and noticed that I again needed a shower pronto when loud footsteps designated throughout the house. The bedroom door swung open, revealing Christian in nothing but a pair of black Calvin Klein underwear and a white bandage placed neatly on his chest where I knew a new tattoo still rested.

"Tali? Baby?" He questioned, looking around for me frantically.
I raised up my hand from the floor and muttered.
"Down here" he came towards me, looking as delectable as ever and kneeled down to my level, placing his hands on his thighs as though he were speaking to a small child.
"What're you doing on the floor baby girl" he said, picking me up softly and placing me back into the bed.
"You need to rest for a couple of days" he said, climbing into the opposite side of the bed with me.
"I'm fine honestly, my legs just hurt a lot" he chuckled softly and pulled me close to him, spooning my naked form from behind.
"I'm not surprised. I didn't go gently and for that I'm sorry. You're just..you just-you drive me crazy" he said, nestling his head into my neck, and for once I didn't fight it. It occurred to me that my 'dream' was in fact real and I had gave this freakishly handsome alpha my virginity and for some reason that made me happy. A euphoric feeling was all around me and I just wanted him and nothing more. I could actually see a future with him, and that's what frightened me.

"Why did you leave?" I whispered. There was no response for a second and the only thing heard in the large dark room was the crickets calling to each other outside the walls of the house.

"Storm woke me up about an hour ago. I didn't wanna wake you so I went into my office for a little bit" I turned my body towards him, resting my hands on his chest and looked up at him.

"A storm woke you up?" I asked incredulously. A storm had this brute up and out of bed that quickly? He hesitated for a second, his eyes glazing over as though he remembered something from long ago and then he simply looked down at me. His toned arms encircling me tighter.

"Can I ask you something?"
I nodded as a response.
"What's your biggest fear?" I let out s slight giggle.
"What we gonna start playing 20 questions now?" He shook his head, a solemn look on his face as his eyebrows scrunched together. I stopped laughing and coughed awkwardly, feeling much more awake now.
"Er, when I was younger my brothers used to tease me and lock me in my closet as a joke since they had convinced me there was a monster in there. They forgot I was in there after a while and I just sat there for hours. My mom found me after I was finally done crying and gave my brothers the beating of a life time. Been claustrophobic ever since." I explained briefly, tugging at my hair not wanting to explain how terrified I had been of the right space in my small childhood closet, how my brothers had no regard for me at that age and how my mum had heard me cry and simply cast me off as being a crybaby.
Christian went silent for a moment and then pulled me to his chest, not caring that I was firmly planted on his roar tattoo.
"Your brothers deserved what they got" he said into my hair, sensing that my fear went deeper than slight claustrophobia.
"What about you?" I mumbled into his chest.
Silence echoed once again as Landon sighed pulling my head away from him whilst still holding my body.

"Storms." He simply said. Not offering any explanation.
I blinked up at him and motioned for him to go on with my hands.
"And...why don't you like 'em"
He shrugged and once again pulled me into his body.
"Never have" he said sadly, hinting that there was more to this than what met the eye. I turned away from him and tucked my knees into his own, reverting back to the spooning position we were one in. I rubbed his arm that was wrapped around my neck and head lightly, acting as a head rest.
"You don't have to tell me right now don't worry. But I'm glad we talked. Good to know my mate isn't just a pretty face."
He laughed softly.
"Much more than a pretty face" he whispered, leaning forward so he was directly behind my ear.
"Now get some rest baby. Tomorrow isn't gonna be fun"
I mumbled a noise that resembled the word 'why' as sleep began to cloud my senses.
"My sister has come to talk to us."

Hey guys. So this is kinda short for me and I am so sorry about the long wait; BUT I have an excuse and that excuse comes in the form of exams.
Yes the horrible experience that still haunts my very existence, and since I am now starting college I have even more stupid exams soon which is just...its just grrrrr. Anyway I hope this was okay for you guys, little bit of a filler but hey, they're getting closer right. That's always a good thing😌

Anyway love you guys!
M