Chapter 14

Not edited.

I woke up in my own bed, the blankets were wrapped around me like a second skin, keeping me warm from the cold winters day I saw outside the window. My hood was sloan casually on the floor and my heels were placed neatly in the corner. What the hell had happened last night? Last thing I remember is running into the wolf guy and dancing, then nothing. Just blackness and fairy tales.

I suddenly heard Maroon 5's animals come blaring from my phone. I grabbed it from my nightstand and saw that I had a text from Toni and 44 missed calls from Elliot. God I needed to know how I got home.

I called Elliot, deciding to read the text from Tony after I'd called him. The dial tone rang 7 times before he answered on the last ring with a hissing sound.

"Natalia, where the hèll are you?" He asked in a harsh voice, I could practically feel his anger through the phone. Shît what day was it? I pressed the home button on my phone and saw that it was Thursday. Shît, I had work!

"Elliot I'm so sorry I'm late, I'll be there any second okay? Just let me get a shower and throw some clothes on." He growled and I could hear something smashing in the background.

"Answer the question. Where are you?"

"I'm at home, why?" I questioned back. It must've been Tony who drove me home, couldn't have been Elliot if he didn't even know where I was.

"I'm on my way over" and with that final word he hung up. Un-fûcking-believable. I swear if he fires me I'm done for. This is the only place I have now, I can't go home, my mother and father would kill me for abandoning my 'mate'. Not to mention that Sam was still waiting to be trialled for attacking me, they'd be more than píssed if they found out I'd left Christian and then moved to New York with absolutely no qualifications without even finishing high school.

I couldn't go back to Landon. As much as I wanted to be near him and stop this constant pain in my chest I couldn't. Not until he learned to open up and tell me his damñ secrets. What could possibly be so important that you had to hide it from your mate. Nothing, that's the answer. You were supposed to share everything with each other, not keep your mate all locked up with a body guard and never let her out the house, when he learned that I'd consider coming back to him. Until that day New York was my home.

I jumped out of bed and saw that I was still in my dress, at least Tony had the decency to not undress me or anything. Speaking of Tony, I opened up my phone and checked the text from him.

From: Tony xox

Where the hell did you go girl? I hope you're home safe, mwah! Xoxo

I felt my face pale, my blood ran cold. If Tony hadn't taken me home and neither did Elliot then who did?

I scattered up from my bed, feeling the cold air hit my skin like a bucket of ice cold water. My dress was creased and the corset had been opened loosely to allow me to breath better. My feet tapped against the wooden floors of my apartment as I noticed a stray paper butterfly left on the floor where it must've fallen down from the wall. The pitter-patter sounds of the rain sent my mind into a euphoric state and I honestly just wanted to get back in bed, but if Elliot saw me in the same dress as last night he would know that something had happened, and that couldn't be good.

I winced as I flicked on the bathroom light, turning it back off quickly. My eyes were too sensitive for light right now, the hangover was starting to set in. I hastily turned on the shower and left the bathroom while going to get some Advil from the living room. Only bad thing about not having a kitchen when you can't cook, nowhere to store medicine.

Taking two capsules from the white container I dry swallowed them in my rushing state to get ready before Elliot arrived.

During the time it had taken me to get up out of bed and turn on the shower this strange feeling kept taking over me. Almost as though I was being watched. A shiver ran through me and ended at the bottom of my spine. My mother always used to say it was someone stepping on your grave when a shiver cast through you like that. I guess I was gonna die in a park of something cause everyone seemed to be walking all over me with the amount of shivers I get.

About 10 minutes later there was a banging on my door. I already knew it was Elliot but I wasn't dressed yet and there was no way I could open the door in a towel, it was unprofessional and just not me at all. My mind unknowingly flashed back to the time I had first met Christian, the way his eyes had never frayed from mine as I held the towel tightly to my chest. My heart started to speed up as I tried to steady out my breathing and get dressed. Why oh why did you have to be such a dîck Christian, we could've been so happy together. Wait what? Snap out of it Talia!

I walked to my closet and pulled on some underwear. Seeing that the rain is still pouring down I had no choice but to throw on a knitted beige sweater and some black skinny jeans along with the beige heels Tony had gotten me for our first night out together.

The banging continued as I told Elliot I was coming.

The door swung open to reveal Elliot in a black suit and shirt with a bright white tie matching his hair, which was pulled back into a low ponytail once again. He scanned the apartment with his eyes and barged passed me ,going into my bedroom.

"Sure, come right in" I mumbled to myself. Elliot was now on my bed, sniffing at my covers and rolling around like an animal. My mouth hung open as I looked at him. His eyes were closed and my sheets were wrapped around his hands tightly as he inhaled whatever scent they had on them.

Suddenly his eyes snapped open, he jumped up from the bed and came over to me, walking closer and closer until finally I was pressed up against the blue wall that connected to my living room.

"Who was here last night?" He questioned, Staring at me straight in the eyes. I shook my head.

"No one"
He grabbed my shoulders and pushed me further into the wall, I held my breath, I don't know why I thought that would help. He started growling at me violently as he punched the wall right besides my head, leaving a dent. All thoughts of fleeing suddenly entered my head as Elliot's eyes began to turn a deep yellow color. No, my father had warned me about yellow eyes.

I screwed my eyes shut tightly as a million things whizzed around in my brain. Elliot was a vampire. Those fangs weren't fake, he was a living corpse and at the moment he was trying to hypnotise me with those yellow eyes.

"Come on Tali, it's me. You know I just wanna help you out, find out who's been stalking you. Cause it's obvious someone has." His voice that once was so friendly and warm was now cold and lifeless, his icy hands clawed into my shoulder while his face got even closer to my neck. I didn't answer him. I  just stood lifelessly, my eyes still shut with my hands clenched in fear.

Without another second Elliot was biting into my neck with so much strength I couldn't contain my screaming. Blood gushed out of me except, it wasn't red.

Elliot pulled away in disgust and started dry heaving on my floor, his body convulsing violently. I  held my neck in pain as the blue sticky substance stuck to my hand. My blood was blue. That much I was certain of.

Elliot began vomiting the contents of his stomach all over the wooden floors, a perfect mix of red and blue blood making a swirling color of purple. My own stomach fought to stay stable as the sickening smell of death and rotting flesh hit my nose.

He tried to talk, tried to say something of the utmost importance but he couldn't. He just kept convulsing as his muscles tensed and his white-now purple tie ,stuck to his neck like a rope that was strangling him.

But then all of a sudden, he stopped.

His eyes flickered towards the front door as a man with blonde hair, tattooed arms and brown eyes stood on my doorframe.

"Hands off my mate, leech."