Chapter 21

Not Edited

I knew it was morning from the warm air that surrounded the room when I woke up. The sun fell down on me from the open ceiling plan and had me kicking off the covers of the bed, hastily trying to get some air. Surprisingly enough, there was no Christian lying next to me to wake up to. But instead a mop of black hair lay next to me, cuddled up into the blanket in a black batman onesie with a large neon yellow batman symbol to accompany it. I smiled to myself and softly shook the small infant.

"Bradley" I whispered, pushing his hair behind his ears.

"No" He whined; pushing his head further into the covers. I laughed and ducked underneath them before realising yet again, I was naked, and even worse; the sheet had blood on it. Now My periods were never this heavy, so this blood must've been from..oh.

"Come on Bradley, you're gonna have to get up" I huffed, pulling the sheets off the bed and accidentally rolling the small boy off the bed and onto the floor. I heard a thud and gasped. Jumping over the bed to see if the toddler was okay. My heart dropped when I saw he was lay flat on the floor with his palms covering his face.  His body started shaking and I pulled him to me quickly shushing him, rocking back and forth whilst not having any clue what to do in this situation.

"Shush, I am so sorry hun!" I kept repeating when I heard a muffled laugh that made me stop and pull his head from my shoulder. The little shit was laughing.

"You're funny Luna." He said jumping down from me, brushing his onesie off when he reached the floor. He took his little fist to his eyes and rubbed gently and then smiling up at me with a toothy grin. It was amazing how quickly the little guy had grown in 6 months. He now looked like a 5 year old instead of the small 3 year old I knew him to be.

"You should probably get dressed Luna. Luna Rachel is downstairs." He said fluently with no hesitation before strolling out of the apartment door. Making me furrow my brow. How the hell had he opened the door without a key?

I stretched out my arms, enjoying the strain of my muscles and the slight ache between my legs. First things first; the bed.

I stood up slowly, trying to retain my balance and get the blood flowing back to my legs, Christian had done quite a number on me. Swivelling round I started pulling the silky sheet from the mattress, silently praying it hadn't somehow soaked through, I swear this has got to be the most awkward situation I've ever been in. With the sheet finally off I sighed in relief to see that the mattress was completely black with not a stain upon it. Well, that's what I'm telling myself. I then made my way through the other sheets and pillowcases, even if they didn't have anything on them I wanted to be completely sure.

I heard a knock somewhere within the Alpha's apartment and opened the bedroom door to see the main door rattling with the pressure of knuckles on the other side.

"Coming!" I said, walking to the wardrobe within the bedroom and grabbing a pair of Landon's sweats and black sports top. I quickly ran to the bathroom and found a pack of tampons-wait, why does he have tampons? I thought, my mind flooding with images of strange fetishes and other women. I decided to ask questions later and quickly put one of the small contraptions to use, throwing on the makeshift clothes I had found.

I swung open the apartment door to find Ginger, her hair falling limply by her sides with a slightly worried expression on her face.

"Excuse me for intruding Luna, but you haven't seen my son around here have you?" I smiled and stepped outside into the pack house with Ginger slightly behind me.

"He was in my bed this morning" I chuckled, turning to her.

Her face went pale and she gasped, putting her hands to her mouth.

"I'm so sorry Luna, that boy seems to have a mind of his own at times. I'm sure he won't do it again-in fact I'll make sure of it-"

"Ginger it's okay. Honestly it was nice to have the company." She nodded and then began her descent around the house. I followed swiftly, not caring how unkempt I must look to the oncoming pack members.

"Hey, we're okay right?" I shouted slightly trying to get her attention. She turned around and looked at me with a sharp glare in her eye.

"What you mean because you left my alpha alone with no mate to speak of and the pack in disarray? Oh yeah, we're great" She said, turning back around and attempting to leave until I grabbed her arm.

"Listen you don't know the whole story-"

"I don't need to know the whole story, Luna. All I need to know is that you left when the going got tough. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to find my son in this place, because i have responsibilities, something I'm sure you have no idea about." She finished and without another word, swiftly turned the corner and left. My mouth hang open like a gaping fish not knowing what to say.

"She can be a little harsh we know."

"But she means well"

"Yeah she means well." Two similar high pitched voices said. I looked over to see two blonde girls, both of similar height and builds with chestnut brown eyes and impeccably bronzed skin. The only difference between the two was their clothing and the simple fact that one wore black rimmed glasses whilst the other didn't. One was dressed in a brown dress that went down to about her knee with brown sandals and her hair flowing down to her shoulders. The other wore a pair of denim blue jeans with black sneakers and a black top top to match her glasses and shoes. Her blonde hair tied lowly in a long ponytail that went down to the middle of her back.

"who are you?" I asked. They both smiled and looked at each other and I'm suddenly reminded of that scene from the shining with the two creepy girls in the hallway.

"I'm Laura" said the one in brown.

"And I'm Layla" said the other.

"I'm the Delta female and Layla here is the other beta female. I see you've already met the first" Laura said with a giggle. I nodded looking to the floor, they seemed nice and all but I just kinda wanted to find Landon and talk after the whole Ginger fiasco.

"It's nice to meet you, I'm Talia."

"We know." They answered together smiling once again.

"Alpha asked us to bring you to him." I let out a breath in happiness and whispered a small 'thank God' which they of course heard and giggled.

"Come on then Luna, no time to waste."

"Yeah, wouldn't wanna keep the alpha waiting" Said Layla and then Laura. They started walking towards Landon's Office and knocked lightly on the door. I moved past them and simply pushed the door open to which they rolled their eyes playfully.

"Gosh Laura, she's a luna! We could've just told her where the alpha  was and she could open the door herself."

"Well how was I to know?" They bickered, i offered up a thank you for taking me here which they didn't seem to hear and went inside Christians office, but to my surprise; he wasn't there. I went behind his desk to see if he'd left me a note of some sort, but to my dismay, there was nothing.

I then heard talking within the walls and started tracing the outline of the book shelf. I started to think I was going mad by the time I had traced every line and spine of the entire wall when a soft click was heard and the bookshelf began to swing around to reveal a long table with multiple seats situated around it. With Landon at one end and a red head at the other. They were talking in hushed whispers, Landon with a glare on his face, his hand clenched tightly together when he seemed to have sensed my presence and his eyes snapped up to meet mine.

"Tali, baby. How you feeling?" He said, springing up from his seat and taking me by the hand. I nodded and offered him up a soft smile.

"I'm fine, just a little tired. Who's this?" He frowned making me worry and guided me towards his end of the table, sitting me in the small chair next to him.

"It's good to see you again Natalia." A sharp voice said. I looked quickly at the girl to see none other than Rachel.

"Now, lets get down to business shall we?"