Chapter 22

Not edited.

Rachel tapped her long red fingernails on the table too rapidly, an air of impatience began to form around her, making me feel uncomfortable under her gaze.

"So, are we going to talk or is your mate going to just stand there and gawk?" She snapped, Landon growled and slammed his hands down harshly.
"You don't talk to her" he said clearly, pulling me by the hand and situating me on the chair besides him.
Rachel smiled crookedly, her crimson red lipstick seeming to crack in the centre of her dry lips as she did.

"I wasn't, I was talking to you; about her. Simple really, but you were never the bright one" she huffed. At this point I began feeling self conscious, here I was in Landon's clothes that were trailing on the floor and hanging from my arms whilst he was dressed and showered, looking delectable in a black suit and tie and Rachel was dressed in her signature red colour, red skirt, red shirt, red stilettos with a red bottom, what do you think her favourite colour is?

"What is it you want exactly?" I asked, catching the glare Christian sent me as I opened my mouth.
"Well-its very easy. I want your second born child. Or your head on a skewer, there, wasn't hard right?" I furrowed my brow, second born?
"Child? I'm afraid my mate and I haven't even had a first at this point, what makes you think we'll have a second?" I asked shakily.

She burst out in spontaneous laughter, pushing her hair behind her ear to push it out of her face.

"Oh gosh you are a naive one, got yourself a 10 here Chris" Landon began to vibrate as his growls remained lodged in his throat, it didn't help that he still hadn't marked me but we had mated, he was going to be so much more territorial.

"My dear Talia, I know everything. What date your son is going to be born, when he'll make his first steps, who his mate will be, and finally-who your daughter will grow to be." My eyes darted to Landon's as I remembered the conversation we had about our children, the saviour of our race, a lupus. My daughter was going to be that?

"And what if we don't want children?" I enquire, grabbing my mates hand in my own as he looked at me with his face paling at the thought of not producing children. She laughed that high pitched laugh once again.

"Oh, you mean you don't know? Wow; I can smell it from a mile away, I'm surprised your mate hasn't" and just like that Landon's hand withdrew from mine as his eyes widened, I snapped my head fully towards him to see that he was staring at my stomach with worry.

"What?" I asked incredulously.
"Tali..baby I'm so sorry." He whispered, then looking back to Rachel.
"Why? Why do you want our children?"
"Oh come now Landon, I'm not so cruel. I'll give you your son. I just want your daughter for my coven. If not well-I'm afraid you won't have a mate or a family." She said gesturing towards me at the words 'mate' and 'family' my head then began to piece all of the little jigsaw pieces together, pushing them into place harshly and forcing me to realise the truth. I gasped and looked down at my flat stomach with worry.

No, I couldn't be. I wasn't! I was on my period for gods sake. I'd been on my period for days...for days. Oh my god! Oh my god, oh my god.

"Ah, she's finally back with us. You get the gist now Natalia? You my fine little wolf, are pregnant. First alpha male of Christian Landon" she said, pushing her hands to the sky as she said Christians name formally with an impersonated voice of an announcer.

"What if we only have a son? That would sort it all out right?" I questioned helplessly. If I really was pregnant, just having a son would mean no daughter and my family would be safe. I looked at Christian for some support but he just looked at me with disgust, I mouthed the word 'what' to which he ignored.