Chapter 12

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUČK! I woke up this morning and I had 100k...that's one hundred thousand reads!!! OH MY FUČKING GOSH!!!! You guys are awesome. I've had a realllyyyyy bad week so this is exactly what I needed. So thank you guys so much. This chapter is for you 🐙

Not edited.

"Miss Crimson, is it? " I hastily nodded. He shuffled his papers a few more times and suddenly pulled out his hand for Tate to shake. You may be a little confused right now, trust me so am I.

After that weird phone conversation Tate had, he ushered me into the giant building which I couldn't be more awestruck at if I tried. The place was beautiful, big grey archways with marble staircases and glass elevators, like something straight out of a book. All around me there were papers flying off of desks, people talking hurriedly on phones in loud voices with foul language. I absolutely adored it.

Now here I was, on the top floor with the head of the building, the notorious Mr. Elliot White. Head of the publishing house. He was a tall man, with broad shoulders and a pale complexion. His eyes were lightning blue and his hair, well it matched his name to a tee. It was a shocking white color, and although the man could not be above his late twenties there was no sign of any other color in his mane of hair that was strung up in a low ponytail that tickled his neck.

Tate had made himself right at home, settling into the lush leather chairs in the spacious office and kicking his feet up on Mr. White's desk. One would think they were related, but I knew better. No way was Tate in his late twenties, the guy had to have been born in the seventeen hundreds being a council member and all.

I was snapped back into reality when I heard Tate get up and leave the office.

"We'll Miss Crimson, it seems you have yourself a job, my brother Tony is outside, he'll show you the ropes on how to work as my P.A."

"P.A? I'm sorry sir, I must've zoned out for a second. I got the job?" A deep chuckle left his chest as he placed the papers he was once shuffling back onto the wooden desk.

"Yes, you got the job. Now, get to work. Tony won't wait forever you know, and I have a Miss Cole on the way here." I got up out my seat and pulled down my skirt, feeling uncomfortable under Elliot's gaze, something about those eyes seemed to haunt me, just like Christians. I replayed Elliot's last words and turned around to look back at him once again.

"M-Miss Cole? As in, Martina Cole?" I stuttered, shuffling in my heels.

"The very same, I guess you've heard of her?"

"Heard of her? I've read every one of her books! The runaway was my absolute favourite book of all time! Well until my friend Dia stole it and never gave it back."

Then there was a knock on the door, a tall woman with platinum blonde hair and dark blue-almost brown eyes came walking in, she wore a black shirt buttoned up to the very top of her neck with a pair of linen pants tightly squeezing her legs while flowing at the ankles to give a hippy vibe to the look. A pair of black glasses were placed conveniently on her head and bright pink lipstick incased her lips. She looked around 50, but it was hard to tell with how well she concealed the small wrinkles around her eyes and mouth. This woman obviously took care of herself. She held a briefcase in her right hand, tapping her stiletto heels on the carpeted floor as she threw Elliot a sideways glance.

"You better be prepared for the best damn novel of all time." She said, walking up to the desk and placing her briefcase on top of it, opening it with a click and pulling out a manuscript and a book with no cover, just a black back and a small inscription on the front page.

"You say that every time you walk in here." Elliot said snidely, pulling the manuscript from her hands and scanning his eyes over it.

"And every time I give you something amazing, that's why I'm the best Mr. White." She said smugly, tapping her manicured fingers on the wood of the desk.