Chapter 9

Not edited ✋🏻 sorry 😔

He was right next to me, his breath fanning across my cheek leaving me flustered and unable to form a complete sentence out loud without panting or stuttering incoherently.

"I'll ask you one last time Natalia, where is he?" He stared at me, looking so devastatingly angry that it shook me to the very core. His eyes were a solid black color, no sign of any life or emotion besides anger residing in them. He was full wolf form while still remaining in his skin, it was unusual. For once I was terrified. Pain-stakingly terrified of this man.

"I-I don't know you're talking about" He steered walking forward as I stepped back, getting closer and closer until my back collided harshly with the living room wall.
He bashed his first besides the side of my head, leaving a huge dent in the brown wall that would cost a pretty penny to fix.

"I'm not joking around. Where. Is. He?" He spat, his hair was everywhere, spiking up in all directions as though he had run his hands through it one too many times. I gulped nervously and looked around for some sort of escape.

"Please Landon, you're scaring me." I begged as he bashed his fist again, getting even closer to my head. He backed up a fraction away from me, no longer enclosing me with his forearms. He looked at his hands and I saw a small flicker of his normal eye color cloud through his black ones.

"I would never hurt you. You know that. Don't you?" He sounded like he was pleading for me to understand that he had no intention of hurting me but..that girl, his first mate. Didn't he kill her?

I debated what I was going to reply with before coming right out and saying the words I knew had to be said.

"I don't know if you will. What you did to that girl. That-that poor girl, your own mate. Who's to say you won't hur-" And that's when he clamped his hand over my mouth with such force it had me squealing in shock.

"You will not talk about that parasite when I am present. Do you understand?!" He screamed, his eyes going back to the solid obsidian color. I nodded my head quickly and prayed he let go of my mouth.

He stared at me for a good few minutes before pulling away from me and rubbing his eyes with his hands roughly. I felt my whole resolve crumbling as I sank to the floor. Sol many secrets, so little time. Why was he so touchy on the subject and why did he seem to hate his first mate so much?

He walked around the living room into the kitchen, before disappearing into a set of unknown doors which I'm guessing was his office. I let out a breath of air that I didn't realise I was holding and pushed myself back up onto my feet. He couldn't keep lying to me. I had a choice. I could stay here, act like a good submissive little mate and stay out of his business, or I could find out what he's hiding and possibly get through to him, convince him to return me to my old pack, or even take me to New York. I could start a life for myself, forget about the bond that ties me to my species and move on with my life.

I guess I was going with the latter. Cause there was no way I was lying down and taking this bullsh!t.

I marched over to the doors, mustering all the strength I had in me and pushed them open. Obviously it was an alpha lock. Something only an alpha of an alpha bloodline could open, cause damn they were heavy. Those doors were rare though, they were made by pouring the blood of an alpha on the doorframe, a witch had to help seal the spell by engraving the words of the goddess into the wood.

I looked up to the top of the door and saw they were there, the words every werewolf knew by heart.

'In darkness and in light, we shall prevail. With the moon and the stars by our side, with the wind on our backs, the rain on our skin and the woodlands secluding us to nature. We shall prevail.'

They were odd I know, but they were written in the book of Lilith. Not the book of the Sun Goddess. Each pack had a different belief, either in the moon or in the sun. This pack obviously chose the moon. Lilith representing the light of the stars and the beams of the moon that engulfed you while in your shifted form. It was believed that she would leave us to salvation, while the sun goddess would lead us to our ultimate deaths. Either way it was a bunch of horse sh!t in my opinion.

I saw Landon sitting at his desk, his head buried in a book. It was a small office, but this was a small pack house after all.

"I need to speak to you." I said cautiously. Fully aware that he could snap at any moment.

"No, you don't." He replied, closing the book to look in his drawer for something.

"Yes, I do. Look Landon, you need to tell me what happened with that mate of yours, I'm never gonna accept you so you might as well just-" And he did it again. He marched straight over to me, placed his hand across my mouth and grabbed me firmly by the neck, I was grateful that he kept me rooted on the ground, not squeezing too tightly while still tight enough to give off an impression that he was not to be argued with.

"No, you listen to me Natalia. You will accept me. Whether it is by force or by your own free will, you will accept me. That creature, is not to be spoken of. If I hear anything about that thing coming from your pretty little mouth ever again I won't hesitate to mark you by force and make sure you never talk about her again. Am I clear?" I didn't know what to do. He never even let me reply as he let go of me. Causing me to fall to the floor with unsteadiness.

"Why don't you just listen Tali, I just wanna protect you. Can't you see what I do is in your best interest?" He said softly. Doing a total 180 from his previous mood, he was fighting with his wolf, I could tell.

"There's a difference between listening and obeying Landon. I'm not some lap dog you can boss around all the time, I'm a human being" He sat back down in his chair and looked up at me. His eyes changing color every few seconds.

"I  just want to love you. Why is that such a big deal? I want what those other alphas have, a mate who's there for them and would follow them to the end of time." I shook my head and tried to get up to my knees from the floor but failed miserably falling back down. Landon attempted to help me but stopped when I gave him a warning glance.

"You can't love me Landon. Not after what you did with your first chance at love." I instantly regretted the words as they left my mouth. He stood up straight, shooting up from his desk and started breathing heavily, his shoulders raking back and forth with every breath he took.

"Get out of my sight." I put out my hands, bracing myself as I went to talk again but he stopped me with that look. That one glare that sent me reeling back into the door where I belonged. Away from him.

"I'll say this one last time to get it through your thick skull. Get out of my sight. Now"

I quickly dashed out of his office door and was stood between the front door and the stairs.

Fight, of flight?

ITS SHORT I KNOW!!! IM SORRY BABIES!!!

Ooo really quickly, I updated the first chapter so it's a little bit different, more in depth and a little more revealing to Talias old school life so read if you want!

Vote, comment and follow!

Bye bye 😛