Chapter 8

Seth ^^^^ (with tattoos)

Ginger and I entered the pack house to see it was completely empty. No Landon or Cassidy in sight. Not even those little tykes that were attached to Landon's legs a half hour ago.

"Where is everyone?" I asked, stopping the stroller I was pushing and taking Bradley out of it.

"I don't know, I'll mind link Cassidy and see what's up." I walked over to the kitchen and sat Bradley onto the counter, waiting for Ginger to bring Josh over as well.
I started investigating the shelves, searching for some sort of chocolate or sweet. Just out of curiosity of course, not like I had a weak spot from chocolate.
I found some Nutella and marshmallows, guess this would have to do for now. I noticed Ginger stopping in the centre of the living room, Josh in her arms, just staring at the floor.

I picked up my Nutella and marshmallows as well as Bradley and walked over to her. Tapping her lightly on the shoulder to get her attention.
Her eyes snapped up to mine as she growled an animalistic roar before seeming to catch herself in the wrong and stopping.
"I gotta go Tali" and with that she marched out of the pack house, with Josh still clinging on to her.

"Well that wasn't weird at all." I said to nobody in particular, slamming down onto the couch and dipping some marshmallows into the jar of Nutella.

"What do you wanna watch lil' guy?" I asked Bradley, toying with the remote as I flipped through the channels. I stopped on the Disney channel and saw frozen was playing. Bradley clapped his hands together and smiled, rocking back on the couch with glee, his dark hair swaying as he did.
I laughed and pulled him closer to me, making sure he didn't fall while rocking too hard.

"You're alright kid" I said while elsa was currently running across water like it was no big deal.

"See if I could do that, I would be outta this joint by now" Bradley just stared at the TV mesmerised, looking kinda like a potato as he sat completely still, his eyes darting across the screen following the characters.

I heard a coughing sound behind me and quickly turned to see a young guy with black hair and numerous tattoos on his face and neck, some were at the sides of his eyes and looked suspiciously like dragons. Awesome.

"Can I help you, or you just gonna sit there and sing let it go for us?" He chuckled and came to stand at the end of the couch which we were sat at.

"My name is Seth Bratter, Alpha Landon assigned me to be your bodyguard." My jaw dropped, pieces of marshmallow fluff and chocolates made its way out of my mouth as I just stared at Seth.

"B-bodyguard? You gotta be kidding me right? Tell me this is a joke."
He shook his head and clenched his hands together in front of him. I felt a sorrowful energy hit the air as my whole mood changed.
He thinks I'm some fúcking damsel in distress that can't take care of herself so he assigns me a motherfùcking bodyguard! Who does he think he is.

"He's your mate, and if I were you I'd start showing him some more respect, y'know he's assigning me to you cause he cares. Be grateful. He could break you like a twig otherwise doll face" I mentally slapped myself for saying my thoughts aloud while I stood up from the couch.

"Listen to me-wait, what's your name again?" God my memory sucks. Didn't he just tell me this?

"Seth Bratter, doll face. Beta to this pack." I raised an eyebrow and sat back down.

"Now I know you're lying. Cassidy is beta, not you." He laughed and sat down next to me. Throwing his feet up on the wooden table in front of us.

"Who says a pack needs one beta?" I thought about it for a second. Now that he mentioned it, there was no rule against it. It was just expected to only have one of each ranking in a pack, that's the way it's always been.