Chapter 17

Landon's office ^

Not edited.

The whole house was quiet for a moment, Landon never moved. I sat still on his lap, blinking vigorously and staring at the floor like it held all the answers I was looking for.
Landon bit his lip and that small movement set me off.

"She's your what?"
He rubbed the sides of my arms, trying to gain some familiar ground between us.

"She's my sister, well half sister. Same Father, different Mothers." He stated, taking my face in his big soppy hands. Was this really not that big of a deal to him? 'Oh sorry! My half sisters tryna' kill you and you don't even need to know why, Also she got some weird áss necromancers to basically curse you! You're welcome!' No. That's not how this should go at all.

I stood up away from him and he whined in sadness, my wolf hissed at me to go back to him but I shrugged it off with a lot of effort. This mate bond was getting too strong to fight.

"Okay, so she's your half sister. Why exactly is she trying to kill me?" He stood up and came to face me, leaving little space between us and running his hand through his short blonde locks.

"I can't tell you-"
"No, Landon no more secrets!"
"It's safer if you didn't know" He tried to reason. I scoffed and pushed away from him. Tucking my scraggly hair behind my ear I stepped away from him and sighed.

"If you really did want this to work, you'd tell me. No more secrets Landon. Just you and me." I regretted the words as soon as I said them but I sensed a strange chill of relief falling upon me. It's felt good to finally say what I wanted for once. Was this what I wanted? I always wanted New York, that had to be what I still wanted-no needed in my life, like it always has been and it always will.

Landon's eyes darkened, he pulled me to his damp chest and buried his nose in my neck, inhaling sharply and clutching my forearms around his neck.

"Just you and me." He muffled into my neck. I felt a strong tingle run through my whole body and fought to keep it hidden from him but none the less he noticed. He pulled his head away from my neck and stared at me, picking me up he pushed me against the cold wall on the right hand side of the living room, his eyes were turning darker by the second but strangely I didn't feel scared at all. This man had killed hundreds of wolves for much less than all the things I had done; yet here I was with my legs wrapped around his waist while he stood dripping wet from the shower with nothing but a towel hanging low on his hips.

"Okay, okay." He whispered, looking down at the floor and shaking his head. I captured his chin with my forefinger and thumb and pulled his head up to look at mine, staring at him straight in the eye.

"No more secrets?" He nodded and placed a kiss on my forehead.

"No more secrets baby." I smiled, a real smile and his face lit up. It can't have been the first time he'd seen me smile, right? No of course not Talia, you smile all the time. Besides he'd most probably been keeping tabs on me in New York and seen pictures of me smiling, no he most definitely had been keeping tabs on me, that much I was certain of. But why wasn't I creeped out?

Landon pulled away from my forehead and slowly dropped me down to the floor, I looked down and realised I was 5 feet off the ground when he had me in his arms. Damn the man was tall.

He turned around and headed towards the room I guessed was his bedroom and shut the door behind him, throwing me a wink as he did.

"What happened to explaining things?" I shouted so that he could hear me. Wait, he's a werewolf. Of course he can hear me, dumb Talia dumb!