Chapter 10

FUDGING READ THIS!!! The youngest Luna is now published and chapter 1 and the prologue are currently available to read! Again it's a follow up from this book, following a girl you will meet much later on and a boy you have already met, although he's a little young <^-^<

Not edited.

I saw the door, waiting there for me. Ready to be pushed. I had a choice to make. I could stay and try and work things out with Landon, or I could leave. I would never look back and go on to get a masters degree, stay away from the whole werewolf world.

I chose the latter. I walked out of the door casually, closing it as quietly possible. I heard the slight creak and decided to push my ear up against the surface to make sure that Landon hadn't moved from his office. I listened for a good few minutes and let out a sigh as I realised he was still sitting at his desk, writing away as I heard the scratching of his pen against the wooden surface.

The forest was barely 10 feet away from me but for some reason I didn't want to run in there. Wolves have extremely high senses so his patrol would catch me instantly. No, I had to take the scenic route on this one, if I wanted to get out of here without being noticed I would have to blend in. Surely not a lot of people knew I was their alphas 'mate' yet, right?

I walked the same way Ginger had took me about an hour ago and passed the small Starbucks I had previously been drinking at. Further up ahead their was a quaint little book store. It was named after one of Charles Dickens classics 'The old curiosity shop' and I instantly wanted to go in. I could see the road leading out of town just a few blocks away but something pulled me to that store. Call it the name or the Emily Bronte book staring at me through the window, I just couldn't resist it.

The bell above the door did a slight ding-a-ling as the door swung open, letting the now chilling weather into the store. A middle aged woman with blonde, slightly graying hair stood behind a large wooden booth that read 'Librarian' at the top in small golden letters that had now began to rust away at the metal, showing a brown edge to the letters.

She looked up instantly and smiled at me, her eyes scanning me slowly. I felt a tad uncomfortable and she seemed to sense it when her eyes snapped back up to meet mine.

"Hello deary. How may I help you?" She said in a soft British accent. She still had that sharp look about her that told me she was somewhat suspicious of me but I played it off as me being new in the area, she probably wasn't used to seeing new people. Considering that Landon killed all rogues and very rarely accepted new members unless he thought them 'worthy' enough. At least that's what I heard from my friends anyway.

"Yeah, I was wondering if I could borrow that book in the window?" She looked shocked for a moment, walking out from behind the booth and heading towards the front window of the store. She plucked the book I wanted and brought it back over to the booth. She stared at me for a while again, opening and closing her mouth numerous times.

"You want to borrow this book? Wuthering heights?" I nodded eagerly. Taking in the atmosphere of the book store as I did. I had now noticed it was completely empty. Rows and rows of books just laid untouched, brand new and unread. I always felt that it was a crime against nature when books were not read by people who would obviously enjoy their content. It'd should be punishable by law in my opinion. You could learn more from one book than from 1 year straight of television.

I looked back to the small women and noticed her tucking a strand of hair back into the braid that lay absent-mindedly on her shoulder.

"An odd book, wouldn't you say? You can practically feel Catherine's hatred for Heathcliff. Don't you think?" I furrowed my brow and shook my head at the woman as she made no move to give me the book, instead keeping it firmly in her hands without moving.