Chapter 17

---------- Chapter 17 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My eyes drift open and land on the alarm clock on my bedside table. The big, red numbers burn their way into my mind. It's 10?!

I sit ram-rod straight in my bed.

"Relax, Henry. I told Demetri if he woke you up, I'd make him pay," Tanya's voice floats over to me. I look to me left and Tanya is still lying on my bed, smiling serenely.

"You stayed?" I ask in disbelief. I've been out cold for more than 12 hours! She must have been bored out of her wits!

"Of course...I thought you wanted me to?" she asks, suddenly not so confident.

I chuckle and smoothen her strawberry blonde hair, which for the first time I have ever seen is messy. She grins back at me, and sits up.

I get off the bed and stretch slightly. Tanya drifts out of my room and down the stairs, giving me my privacy. I grab my clothes, change and head down the stairs. Esme has breakfast waiting for me, and I give her a peck on the cheek.

I wolf down my breakfast and lean back in my chair, while Esme watches me fondly.

"Henry, you're allowed to be with Tanya," she murmurs unexpectedly.

"Where'd that come from?" I stammer weakly. She chuckles softly and shakes her head "Don't worry. Tanya is in the woods. She wanted to go clear her head and hunt," Esme explains carefully.

"Esme...I don't know how I feel about her...I thought I was in love with Castella, and see how that turned out for me," I mumble.

"Think it through, Henry. You have all the time in the world, literally," Esme chuckles at her own joke and I roll my eyes. Uh huh, vamps are your regular jokesters, it would seem.

"But Esme...you've seen how mum and dad react to her," I continue in a defeated tone.

"Henry, let me tell you something. When Edward was in love with Bella, Rose never approved. But do you think that made him change his mind? In fact, Tanya was in love with him at the time, and as much as Edward didn't want to hurt Tanya, he couldn't bear to be away from Bella."

"Yes, but La Tua Cantante," I murmur silently.

"Henry, don't be stupid!" Esme scolds me kindly. "You want another example? Your mother and father! Edward didn't approve of your mum and dad being together. But did that stop your mum and dad from getting married and having a beautiful baby boy?" she asks me, her eyes probing me gently.

"But...they hissed-"

"It doesn't matter! Do you care for Tanya?" Esme cuts me off. I nod in response and a huge smile takes over her face. "Then don't be afraid of following your heart. Your mum and dad still see you as a little child. Don't worry, you understand me?" I nod simply, and grin back at my great-grandma, who looks too young to even be my mum. "Besides, it's about time the poor girl had someone to love her," Esme murmurs matter-of-factly.

"I'm going to the forest," I murmur, already halfway out the door.

I follow Tanya's scent into the forest, and then I see glittering light bouncing off a couple of trees in the forest, I quickly climb up the tree in the middle, and sure enough I find the glittering Tanya, sitting deep in thought.

"Why the long face?" I ask gently, sitting beside her.

"Nothing," she replies, breaking out of her reverie, she turns to look at me and grins slightly, "Did you sleep well, Henry?"

"Yes, thank you," I mumble back. The awkwardness intensifies.

"Tanya," I mumble, grasping for something to say to break the silence, "do you think...that maybe you and I..." I trail off in a whisper. This is the first ever time I've done this, and...it's a lot more difficult than I imagined.

"Yes," Tanya breathes, her eyes searching mine.

Before I know it I feel my warm lips crushing against her cold ones. Tanya gasps a little, and I see the desire ignite in her eyes before they drift close. She snakes her hand through my thick black hair, as I wind an arm around her small waist.

It's like an insatiable hunger, the closer she gets, the closer I want her to get. The more she kisses me, the longer I wish it would carry on.

We get a little carried away with our little love fest. Tanya shifts her body infinitesimally, at the same moment I shift. I lose my balance, and with my arm locked around her petite frame, the both of us topple off the tree, and land with a thud on the moist ground.

Tanya giggles and crawls over me, staring down at me lovingly. I grin back at her, cup her face delicately and bring her face down to mine. And once again our lips meet in an elaborate dance, as the both of us wrestle each other.

The two of us are so far gone, we don't hear the footsteps until someone clears their throat above us. I reluctantly pull away from Tanya, and my eyes meet a pair of crimson eyes.

"So, you skipped fighting practice to practice kissing?" Demetri crabbily asks.

"Don't be jealous," Tanya murmurs, her lips finding their way back to mine.

"About time," Demetri grins, leaving us alone.

The moment he's gone, I smash my lips against hers again, running my hands down her sides. She murmurs something so softly I don't catch it, and her hands run down my chest. She begins unbuttoning my shirt in a calm, experienced manner.

In a matter of seconds, my shirt lies in a heap nearby, her hands are then on the button of my jeans. Just then, I gather my wits, and gently pull her hand away. She pouts and looks at me moodily.

"We can't do it here, we'll scare the chipmunks!" I murmur, trying to keep myself from exploding in laughter.

"Chipmunks, shipmunks," she moans, her hands back on my jeans.

"Eew! What are those big, ugly things doing, mummy?!" I mimic in a high pitched baby chipmunk impression. "Don't look!" I exclaim again, in a mother chipmunk impression.

Tanya stares at me in shock and disbelief. Honestly, I can't believe myself sometimes! I feel my cheeks begin to heat up, at the exact some moment Tanya breaks into laughter. She rolls of me and lays by my side, still laughing.

Eventually she climbs back over me and kisses the tip of my nose, "You are one odd little boy, Henry Black," she croons softly. "Never in the history of mankind has someone used chipmunk impressions as a form of foreplay!" she collapses into another fit of giggles. I join her, relieved she doesn't think I'm mental.

That pretty much ended our lusty bit, we cuddled for a long while though, Tanya telling me various stories, while I just lay with her in my arms.

This is right! I can feel it!