Chapter 2

A/N: hey you guys! Thank for reading chapter 1! I hope you liked it. Anyway, here's chapter 2 for your reading pleasure!

So, you know the drill; read, vote and comment!

>> The picture on the right is how Castella looks. Try iamgining her with Black hair and blue eyes and you got Castella! >>

---------- Chapter 2 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Castella...what a beautiful name! I mean seriously, Castella is an amazing name! Hmm, that's a kind of Japanese cake, right? Exotic!

"Earth to Henry Black! Come in, Henry Black!" Bella's voice chimes somewhere far away, I'm not even sure I hear her...

"Why don't you go hang out with Alice, Bella? I want to speak to Henry for a moment," Edward's silky voice seems much closer to me, but again, I really think it's a figment of my imagination. Until the car lurches from under me and I snap back to reality. Edward and I are the only ones in the car.

"What's up, Edward?"

"I was about to ask you the same thing, Henry. Who is Castella?"

Right. Sucks to have a grandfather that can read your every thought. Sucks more to have a grandfather who's basically my age and better looking than me!

"She's just someone I met at school...no big deal, right?"

"I'm not sure about that," Edward mutters under his breath, obviously not intending for me to hear it. Guess that the downside of having a family of vampires/shape shifters/hybrids; they hear everything!

Edward pulls up in the garage and I nonchalantly walk out. I try my best to get up the stairs without anyone noticing, but I'm stopped by a "Henry Charlie Black, come back down here!"Damn! So close!

I stalk back down the stairs and head to the kitchen, where mum and dad are snacking on a bowl of fruits, "Yes, mum?"

"Are you okay, hun? You were all doom and gloom in school today."

"Gee, you think?! Hmm, maybe it's because this is my third time in high school? No, maybe that's not it...maybe it's because I know more than my teachers?!"

"Don't be snotty with your mum, Henry," dad says lazily from mum's other side. Mum, on the other hand, looks livid. And even though I'm easily a foot taller than her, I still cringe a little. Before I know it, Edward is in the room, holding mum down in her chair. Then Jasper appears and the irritation, anger and fear drain out of me, replaced by a sort of lethargy.

Alice dances into the room, takes my hand and leads me up to her room, where Bella is sitting on the bed, watching us. I can hear Rose and Em in their room, sickening, much?

"Henry? Bella, Edward, Jasper and I are going shopping. Why don't you join us?" Alice sings, okay, well I know she isn't singing, but still, it sounds so melodic. However, being away from Jasper just send all my emotions shooting throughout me in every which direction.

"I don't need you guys to protect me from my own mother!" I mutter under my breath, not fully convinced it's true. I may be a guy and a foot taller than her, but she is half a vampire, whereas I am only a quarter vampire.

"That's true, but you do need me to pick you something amazing to wear if you plan to impress the girl!" Alice says nonchalantly. Bella laughs at my shocked expression and leaves the room, probably to find Edward.

"How do you know about that, Alice?"

"Edward told me"

Darn him! DARN MY IRRITATING, NOSY GRANDFATHER!!!!!