Chapter 7

You know the drill; vote, comment, become a fan, like...

xoxo

>> Bella >>

---------- Chapter 7 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A cold hand is running through my hair. Someone's sweet breath is on my face. I open my eyes, and I'm greeted by a pair of golden-brown eyes.

"Henry! Did I wake you?" her melodic voice envelops me into this sort of lullaby.

"Cas?"

"Hi...how are you?"

"Mostly better. Carlisle is just keeping me here to rest up...How did you get in?"

"Hen...I'm a vampire! What a stupid question," the both of us laugh in synchronisation for a while. Cas gets a mischievous look on her face, and hops onto my bed. I cock an eyebrow, asking what she's up to. She climbs over me, her legs on either side of my hips.

She laughs at my dazzled look, and then her cold lips meet mine again. We kiss for a little while before I pull back, "Carlisle could be..."

"He's left. I made sure," she laughs at my admiration. She kisses my temples, then pulls away, watching me. "Henry, I'm sorry about Julian...today."

"He's your brother. You don't have to apologise. But I do want to know how you got turned? How did Julian?"

She assesses me, wearily for a minute and gets off the bed. She sits in the chair by my bed. "Julian and I were hiking, about 100 years ago. We were ambushed by the most beautiful woman I have ever seen. Julian ordered me to stay at the campsite, and he went after her. He never came back. A few hours later, the lady came back. We talked for a while, the next thing I know, I'm on the ground in unbelievable pain. Then the pain stops, days later, and Julian is sitting beside me."

"That's...odd? Why would a random vamp bite two kids and just leave them?"

"What do you mean? How is it odd?"

"I mean, what vamp would randomly bite two kids, and not suck them dry?! Or if she was transforming you to become her companions, why did she leave you two alone?"

Castella starts acting really suspiciously, trying to distract me, but like mum, I'm pretty stubborn myself.

"Cas, what's going on? We both know your story isn't true...what are you hiding?"

"Nothing! It's all true, I promise...don't you believe me, Henry?" she asks, a broken look on her face.

She takes my hand and all thoughts of her obviously fake story leaves my mind. There's plenty of time for me to figure out the truth later, all I want to do now is to enjoy the moment. So Castella and I chat amicably. She tells me all sorts of funny stories, and I just basically sit and listen.

"Henry...I've heard rumours. That some vampires have powers. Your family is an old one, do you know whether the rumours are true?"

"Oh. Yeah, totally true. In fact, most people in my family are talented. Like, Jasper can control a person's mood, Alice can see the future, Edward can read minds, Bella can shield herself and others, mum can project her thoughts and I can move things with my mind."

"Wow! That is so cool! I wish I was talented!"

"Everyone is talented in some way, Cas," I murmur, watching the smile that takes over her face.

"Hey, Henry, how does Alice's seeing the future work? It sounds so cool!"

"It is cool! She just like zones out for a fraction of a second, and she can tell you what's going to happen."