Chapter 8

>> Alice >>

---------- Chapter 8 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wake up, Henry! It's time for school!" mum chirps in her usual bright voice. I mumble something at her and turn over, not wanting to be disturbed. She grabs the blanket off of me and waits for me to get up. Now, it usually works, but I'm so insanely tired, I just curl up and continue sleeping.

That's when I feel the bed disappear from under me. A pair of strong hands are on my back. I open my eyes and see huge feet, and the stairs. I begin squirming and Emmett loses his grip on me. I fall down the stairs and land in a heap on the floor, with everyone staring at me.

"I did NOT fall down the stairs! Emmett dropped me," I clear up before the jokes about the clumsy half vampire can start. The others just smirk and grab their bags. I run back up the stairs and change, coming back down moments later. I dash over to the kitchen, grab one of the pancakes Esme is making and shove it in my mouth. I empty a glass of milk then take another pancake. I give Esme a quick kiss on the cheek as I bolt for the door.

I hop into the Volvo and slam the door a little too loudly. Edward glowers at me, his teeth barred, while everyone else just laughs. "oops! Sorry grandpa!" I say quickly, pulling out my trump card. Edward would not do anything to me now that he remembers I'm his grandson.

I smile hugely and stare out the window, unbelievably happy that I managed to dodge that bullet. Then the memory from yesterday slams into my mind. "The Volturi! Why are we going to school?! We should stay home and plan!" I gush out at vampire speed. Mum rests a hand on my thigh, comforting me.

"It's okay, Hen. Alice had a vision last night while you were asleep. The Volturi decided not to come. Aro is convinced that Carlisle would do the honourable thing, no matter the cost. So, they aren't coming!" she thrills, also at vampire speed. Bella smiles at the sound of mum's happy voice, and dad looks at her lovingly.

So, that's it then? No Volturi? No fight? Just like that? Hmm...

"Henry, it's a blessing! Don't over think it. Carlisle is the most noble person Aro has ever met, it isn't surprising he is so well trusted," Edward murmurs, smiling at me through the rear-view mirror. I nod at him, and continue staring out the window. Guess there goes my chance of seeing some action, huh?

We get to school and I head to my first class, not really feeling in the mood to sit with my family and talk. I pull out my abused copy of advanced physics and begin leisurely paging through it. The next thing I know, my family is sitting around the classroom, all of them talking at once.

"People! What are you doing in here?!" I mutter, annoyed.

"Nothing, we just decided to spend some time with you," Alice murmurs, her innocence a little too strong. The evil pixie gives me an angelic smile and I grimace at her. I go back to my book, trying my best to ignore them.

And that's when they do the thing their best at; get on my nerves. Rose and Em begin making out on the floor at my feet, sometimes knocking into my feet. I pull my feet up onto the chair, cringing in disgust. Then feeling of loathing in me intensifies. And before I know it, I'm so enraged, I jump off the chair and pull Emmett off the ground.

"Henry?" mum asks carefully. I ignore her and begin slamming my fists into Emmett as hard as I can. He just catches my punches and his laughter intensifies. Then, my mind starts working. Why am I so mad? They were making out, no big deal, that's a typical Rose and Em thing to do.

By this time Rose is hissing at me to get my little hands off her husband, I let go of Em in a sort of daze, trying to figure out what the hell happened to me. Then my eyes rest on my next target. I jump wildly at Jazz, knocking him over and onto the floor. He looks at me, perplexed, but I'm not buying that!