Chapter 10

~ Emmett Cullen ~

------------ Chapter 10 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(As the doctor was talking to Esme and Carlisle, the rest of the Cullen's are in the reception area)

(Henry's POV)

"This is an utter waste of time!" I mutter to my 'siblings'.

"Well, how about we make it fun then?" Emmett suggests with an evil grin on his face, immediately catching my attention.

"What do you have in mind?" Jasper asks, leaning against the wall, smirking.

"A small bet," Emmett trails off, by now all of us are eagerly waiting.

Alice and Edward burst into chuckles, as Emmett joins them. The rest of us eye them suspiciously and just shrug mostly.

"Okay, so this is what we'll do. Let's play the part of majorly problematic teens! The one who manages to send the good doc over the edge and scare him silly wins!"

"What's the stake?" I ask coolly, chances are I could use this little opportunity to make some dough.

"Each of us put in a hundred bucks, winner takes it all," Em smirks, so confident he'll win.

In my family, it isn't what you win that's important. The important thing is that, well...you won!

"Just so we're straight, let's assign everyone a character," Edward suggests, totally getting into the character. "I'll be the control-freak he already thinks I am. Jazz, you can be the stoic mysterious guy who has sudden urges to hurt others. Emmett you're the sex crazy buffoon. Alice, you're the shopaholic. Rose, you can be the egomaniac who is in love with herself. Bella...you can be the mother hen. Nessie, you can have an inferiority complex. Jake...you...see dead people! And Henry-"

"Henry is the whiny, self obsessed kid, who is spoilt and constantly demanding things go his way! Basically the drama queen!" Emmett finishes, grinning widely.

I groan quietly, but if I object, the others will not cut me any slack, so here goes.

"Okay, we need rules. No mentioning what we really are. No talking about our diet. Agreed?" Bella asks.

"Wait! Bella, you should be the doormat! You are eager to please, and even if the doc asks you something, you'll ask him what kind of response he wants, okay?" I grin at her, payback.

"Fine!" she pouts, much to Edward's amusement.

"Maggie? Could you send the children in?" Dr. Dodger's voice fills the room, and we immediately straighten up. Show time!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Back to Dr. Dodger's POV)

I glance at the nine pairs of bored eyes.

"Okay, kids, why don't you tell me who each of you are having the most trouble with and why, okay?" at first they seem reluctant, then all hell breaks loose.

"I loathe Jacob Black because he smells and is a mutt!" Rosalie says savagely, glaring at Jacob.

"And I hate Rosalie because she thinks the world revolves around her! She thinks she's sooooooooooo beautiful!" Jacob spits back. The two of them glare at each other while I note this down.

Rosalie and Jacob - make sure to pair them up in next assignment

"I have the biggest issue with Emmett because he can't keep his mouth shut," Edward says simply. And even though he just said his biggest problem is Emmett, Emmett just booms out laughing.