Road Trip - Chapter 35

(*nervous laughs* haha . . . I'm sorry for taking so long to update! Here is a new chapter, hope yu enjoy it and give me your votes and comments even though I've been a BAD BAD BAAAAD author to you guys)

[Derek's Point Of View]

Leo fell silent the moment we stepped into the car. It hurt seeing him so upset. A few times I caught his eyes glistening and it just made me want to hug him tightly and never let go, but I knew when he wanted space.

He leaned against the door and stared out the window, didn't even utter a single word when we went through the Taco Bell drive-thru.

Luckily I was the best boyfriend and knew his order by heart.

I was honestly nervous as fuck. Everything I planned out ended up crumbling in the end. We left way too early, but if Leo didn't feel good, then there was no reason to stay longer. It was obvious he wasn't comfortable and I was the one that basically put him in a dress. It was my idea and I was responsible.

"I love you," I told him.

"I love you too," he replied quietly.

It made me happy that even though he was upset, he still said it back. He'd rather break the silence than not say it. I shouldn't have said anything in the first place and left him alone, but I really needed him to know that I loved him. I mean, clearly we knew we loved each other, but the reminders were to revive the heart not to prove that we did.

We ended up eating the food in the car while the driver took us back to my apartment. It was weird watching him eat dressed as a woman, almost made me feel like I was actually alone because I couldn't recognize him.

If I stared hard enough without him looking away from me uncomfortably, I could spot the little features that made up his real face. It was a little game of mentally erasing the make up to see his cheek bones, or his beautiful natural lips, or even his eye lashes.

This boy was fucking beautiful.

And I couldn't wait to see him again.

We were dropped off at my apartment at around midnight. I could see that the living room lights were off so either Sasha went to sleep early or he was with Nicole. I went with the latter, since that man never went to sleep like a normal person.

I caught Leo as he tripped walking in. He muttered quiet words and seemed to have slapped the dress before wobbling through. I closed the door behind me and turned the living room lights on as he dashed into the bedroom.

Leo made some alien noises behind the door, most likely trying to get out of those clothes as quickly as possible. I went to the kitchen and did the dishes to give him some time alone.

"Derek?" he called after I was done, like he had been listening and waiting for the water to shut off before speaking.

"Yeah?"

"Can you help me?"

I found him in the bathroom, dress and wig off, standing in front of the bathroom mirror in boxer-briefs. He was in the process of removing the make up with wipes, but he was still wearing the corset. He leaned against the counter and I walked up behind him and began to untie the knots. He looked at me through the mirror, the make up was melting down his face and water dripped from his chin.

"Better?" I asked, dropping the corset on the counter.

"Yeah, thanks."

Leo furiously rubbed his face with the wipes until almost all of the make up was gone. His eyes were still stained with black, but it kinda looked hot on him.