Road Trip - Chapter Four

[Follow my Twitter @seraphina_R and don't forget to vote and comment along as you read so I can read your reactions!] (seriously hoes, yall better vote and comment lmao)

(Leo's Point Of View)

We made a quick stop at a gas station and gathered a few more things we needed. If we were going to have everything set before night, we had to speed things up. It was getting cold and it wasn't even night yet, I was worried that the camping trip was gonna be ruined by the weather.

I did not return to the RV with Nicole and her boyfriend, instead I quietly climbed inside Derek's car and waited for him to return from the bathroom. My heart jumped a little when I saw him come out of the bathroom. I felt like I was seeing a ghost, and the realization hit me. As I watched him walk back to the car with a smile on his face as he noticed I was waiting for him, I desperately held in the temptation to just burst out crying.

"We seriously need to get to the site and start putting up the tents," Derek said as he sat down next to me and put on his seatbelt, turning on the car. "Does Nicole have a strip club in the RV?"

"It's pretty nice," I said.

"I put your food in the back seat, you should eat."

"Okay." I reached around and grabbed the bag, began to eat quietly without saying another word. I couldn't help the silence, I didn't know what right thing to say that wouldn't make it obvious I knew what happened or would make me start bawling. From the looks of it, he was unaware. But that could change if I kept the moody act up.

"I don't think we'll be able to do much tonight, since we have to set up things. But tomorrow we can hike up the mountain, there's a nice path that many people take with a really beautiful view. We can also go down to the lake, it has a really cool waterfall that you can swim under."

"That sounds really nice, I can't . . . wait . . . to sleep on the ground." I tried to sound comical, to add my personality to my tone, but it sounded forced.

"You're not gonna sleep on the ground," he reassured, "you're gonna be in a really nice tent with me. It's a fancy tent, and soft, so it won't feel like you're on the ground at all."

"Okay, but I'm gonna complain if Nicole decides to sleep in her RV and not in a tent like us."

"Trust me, I won't let her."

I stared at him and genuinely smiled. He had grown a lot these past few years but one thing's for sure, he was always going to be drop dead gorgeous. I was usually a confident person but sometimes, especially in the past, I was a raging jealous bitch when it came to how people wanted to ride his face to the pacific ocean. And that little bit of insecurity always led me to believe one day I was going to lose him to someone better looking, better behaved, over all just a better human being than I was.

But . . . there he was, sitting next to me, staring at my lips and probably wishing he was making out with me right now. I was just glad he shaved. I really wasn't a fan of the beard. Facial hair was fine, sometimes, but if you looked like an emo version of Santa Claus? NO thank you.

And facial hair felt weird on my d-

"We're finally here," he said as he made a turn to go in deeper into the forest.

"You know, now that I think about it, it's kind of shitty weather for camping," I said as I shivered at the cold air.

"I . . . Disagree completely," he said. "I like the temperature, and it's not raining so it can't be that bad. Besides, it gives us more reason to cuddle really close together in a tent."