Road Trip - Chapter Twelve

[Quick Message: Thank you guys for voting and leaving so many comments last chapter! It really made me happy and encouraged me a lot. Sorry for the wait on this chapter, took a tiny break. ENJOY! And don't kill me, thank you! Don't forget to vote and comment as you read!]

[Leo's Point Of View]

"Are you really leaving?"

I was packing my things when Nathan hovered over me like a towering monster ready to tackle my plane to the ground. I wasn't the plane, but symbolically I was in it and he was trying to ruin me leaving.

"School starts soon," I muttered as I kept my eyes on my things.

"In literally a week." He crouched down to be face to face with me, forcing me to look at him. "Leo, I'm sorry. But please don't go."

Hoe, don't do it. Don't you fuc–

The tears came out like someone had crashed that symbolic plane into a dam. Sometimes I denied that I was emotional, because beyond any pain I tried to see things in a positive perspective, even if that always didn't work. But in that moment you could see proof that I was broken.

"I'm tired," I said, my voice coming out high pitch and sad. He grabbed my arm, trying to comfort me but I pulled away immediately. "STOP IT! STOP IT!"

He flinched, falling back on the ground from my outburst. I was still crying but my eyes were full of anger. I lost that anger the moment Nathan's eyes glistened. I had never in my life seen Nathan cry and I was not about to go through that.

I finished pushing all my things inside my suitcase, not caring that it was messy. Already having my backpack on, I was ready to pick up my other suitcase and dash out the door but Nathan closed it and pressed his back against it, stopping me in motion.

"What are you doing."

"You were right the other night. I do find you attractive and I've thought about things because I . . . I . . ."

"Don't you fucking say it," I said angrily, tears still rolling. "Don't you dare do this to me right now."

"I love you, Leo."

So much unexplained anger ran through my body. If I was strong, I would have broken my suitcase's handle in half. I didn't say anything. My expression was enough for him to understand what I was feeling. I would have killed him if it wasn't illegal.

"Please let me go," I said.

"It's my turn to tell you what I'm feeling."

"Nathan, stop."

Eyes still glistening, he stood up but kept blocking the door. "I've watched you for years have this shit relationship with none of you doing something to either fix it or break it off. UNTIL it got so bad that it lead you here. For years I've been the guy at your side, picking you up when someone who is supposed to love you emotionally abused you, manipulated you and tried to control your life all because his wasn't going the way he wanted it to be."

"Stop."

"I was there for you emotionally and physically when he wasn't. When you cried every night for a week straight, I was there with you till you fell asleep. I watched you love someone who didn't deserve your love, while on the side I was falling madly in love with you."

"S-Stop," I stuttered and was too hurt to be able to say anything else.

"I care so much about you that I just couldn't help it when my feelings for you grew. It was more than just being there for you when you were upset, but we did so many things in the years we've known each other that I got to see the real you that I don't think many people see. But I do. I see you."