Road Trip - Chapter 31

(Again, I apologize for the LONG delay, but you will find out why it took me so long to post this chapter. Please enjoy, vote and comment!)

(Also follow my Twitter or I delete this story #Seraphina_R)

[Derek's Point Of View]

A day after getting back home, things in my small apartment got chaotic. Nicole decided to move in while my grandma kept trying to catch me while I was home, but I still worked at the electronics store so I wasn't home every hour that she showed up. I didn't want to keep working, but relying on money from someone else wasn't a good idea. What if they stopped? Then I'd have no job because I stupidly decided to quit everything. I was always smart with my money, so most of it was being saved and what was used was for food and some rent. I'd still use my paychecks for rent and what was necessary.

Sasha was completely anxious all day, fearing that my grandma would show up and kill us all with her elderly good looks and rich people teeth. Nicole wanted to be around because she was protective of Sasha and my grandma made him nervous. He'd randomly shout things in Russian like he was having war flashbacks without ever actually going to any war.

I received hourly text messages from both of them describing 'fancy people' cars driving by and mysterious dudes in black suits looking at my empty parking spot in front of my apartment building.

Everyone was being weird and I hated it.

After I finished work, I reluctantly drove home. Nothing was suspicious when I arrived. There were no fancy cars or men in black watching my apartment. I was still hesitant walking up the stairs and taking out my keys. I wanted the rest of the day to be peaceful and not ruined by my grandma or Sasha freaking out.

Luckily, it was only Sasha.

"Nicole got called into work," Sasha said as I locked the door behind me. "She said she might be getting promoted to manager."

"That's good for her," I said, trying to sound enthusiastic but failing.

"You okay?" he asked as he followed me inside the bedroom.

"Just tired and confused."

"Yeah, same."

I glared at him as I began to undress, throwing my uniform into the basket. "Why are you tired? You did nothing but stay here all day."

"Oh, Nicole gave me a really long blow job and put a finger up my butt. It left me really tired and confused."

"Please tell me that didn't happen on my bed," I said.

"It didn't happen on your bed."

"Are you lying to me?"

"No," he said, keeping a straight face. Sasha never truly lied, so I let it go. I didn't want him to think I wanted more details anyway.

As I grabbed my towel and a fresh set of clothes, my phone rang. I didn't recognize the caller I.D. so I assumed it had to be someone on my grandma's side. I was starting to feel stalked.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Yo, Derek."

"Who is this?" I asked. The voice was familiar but I couldn't put my finger on it.

"Eddie."

Eddie was one of the guys from my construction job. One of the nice ones, actually. We were the only ones there who were close in age so we got along fine, it was the other meatheads that I didn't like.