Road Trip - Chapter 34

(Sorry once again for taking long, I wrote a new BOYXBOY, I explain it in the author's note! Please enjoy this SUPER cute Nathan/Dakota chapter. I had so much fun writing it and I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I did! Don't forget to vote/comment and check out who plays them in the photo below)

 I had so much fun writing it and I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I did! Don't forget to vote/comment and check out who plays them in the photo below)

[Nathan's Point Of View]

Dakota was on my fucking mind 24/7 since the day I courageously vomited my feelings onto him. The worst part about the whole thing was how much my heart hurt. I couldn't stop thinking about him. I'd lay in bed and imagine us together in various situations and hours would pass before I'd notice how far I'd been lost in wonderland.

But really, it hurt because he left not long after that day to visit family in Norway. A cousin of his was getting married and he had to be there. He was supposed to be gone for a couple of days, but he didn't realize how much he truly missed his parents until he was at their doorstep, so he stayed longer.

My heart hurt because I hadn't seen him since that day. We never went on our date and our amount of texting dwindled. Clearly he was busy on the other side of the world with family he hadn't seen in a very long time. And clearly I took it to the heart and believed that he no longer had any interest in me. Because I was stupid. Because I was easily manipulated by my feelings.

Overreacting was usually not my forte, but ever since Dakota, I'd been assuming like CRAZY. And it was driving me CRAZY. Fortunately for my poor fragile heart, Dakota was returning today and our texts revived like a wild horde of Kpop stans after their faves returned with a comeback.

I think I need your help. Are you busy?

I replied back so fast that I may have accidentally discovered supersonic texting speed powers.

No, what's up?

Can you pick me up at the airport? My ride bailed on me and I really want to avoid spending a lot of money on a Taxi. I'm arriving in like 30 minutes.

He wanted me to pick him up? Out of all the amazing friends he had, he wanted me? I had some big boy college work to do, but was I gonna tell him that? Nope. I responded and asked for the airport address. I showered with my phone in my hand as we texted back and forth and as soon as I got the address, I jumped into my clothes, all wet and drippy, and drove to the airport.

I daydreamed on the way there and almost crashed. I had this idea that I was going to meet him at the gates and we were going to make out in front of everyone like two lovers reuniting again after being separated by our homophobic families, except neither of our families were homophobic. I had a wild imagination.

Life hated me and my hopes were crushed, I was at least twenty minutes late because of traffic. Was I mad? Hella.

I felt so bad when I saw him standing outside with all his luggage, looking like a lost little boy. I probably shouldn't say that out loud since he could kick my ass.