Part 1: Chapter 17

Renza knocked at the door. It created a banging sound inside the lighthouse. Paolo Hans Oanes (Student B03-E1H) jumped up from his seat. The banging continued. He didn't know what to do.

Renza was still knocking on the door. From the inside, Hans was now panicking; he's the only one awake. He looked at Jholina Bhaby Pangilinan (Student G15-E1H) if she's awake or not. Her eyes were closed and he can hear her breathings.

"Open up!" Renza shouted.

Hans looked at the door. He recognized the voice. He stood up and grabbed his pickaxe at his daypack. He slowly walked to the door, grasping his pickaxe tightly.

"Who's there?" he asked.

"It's Renza," Renza answered.

"Renza?" Hans asked.

"Renza! It's me!" Renza shouted.

"Why are you here and how did you find our location?" Hans asked.

"Well, I need an alliance then I just saw Sarah at the top," Renza answered.

"Oh, okay, hold on a sec," Hans said.

"Okay," Renza replied.

Hans put down his pickaxe and he pushed the cabinet blocking the doorway. He unlocked the door and opened it. Renza walked inside the lighthouse.

"Man, you should say thank you, at least," Hans said.

"Thank you," Renza replied.

Hans locked the door again and put the cabinet back into its place. Renza sat down on the couch next to Katya Maniquiz (Student G07-E1H). Katya moved a little but she didn't wake up. Renza looked at Hans.

"Where have you been? We called you back there at the school," Hans said.

"Well, I panicked, I guess I didn't heard you calling me," Renza said.

"Well, I'm glad that you're still alive," Hans said.

"Me too," Renza smiled.

Hans also smiled back. They saw Joi Katherine Anagao (Female Student No. 39) rubbed her eyes then she stood up from the floor. She opened her eyes and saw Renza smiling at her.

"Oh, hey," Joi said.

"Hey, I missed you," Renza said.

"I missed you, too," Joi replied.

Renza stood up and hugged Joi very tight. Joi hugged her back.

Marjori Marquez (Student G19-E1H), who was sleeping across the sofa where the two were hugging, raised her head and she moved her head from left to right. She scratched her head then she sit up. She noticed the two hugging each other.

"Hey," she said in a daze.

The two pull off from their hug. They both looked at Marjori, Renza smiled at her. Marjori forced a smile back at her.

"Where have you been?" Marjori asked Renza.

"Somewhere out there," Renza answered. The four of them laughed out loud.

Their laughter woke up the others. Katya, Ma. Katheleen Fuentes (Student G18-E1H), Jholina, and Laarnie Guzman (Student G16-E1H), the four rubbed their eyes then they looked around the room. They noticed Renza sitting at the floor with Joi.

"Sister!" Laarnie shouted.

Renza looked at Laarnie then she gasped.

"Sister!" Renza shouted back.

Renza opened up her arms and Laarnie rushed towards Renza. The two of them hugged each other tightly.

The two of them started to call each other "Sisters" was when they first met each other. So every time they met each other, they will call themselves "Sisters."

"A lovely midnight to everyone!" a low-pitched man said.

All of them fell silent inside the lighthouse.

"You're doing so well, my dear students," the man said.

"Okay, here is the list of goners for this night,” the man continued.

"Starting from Student no. 04 - Zsanika Dingle. Next is Student no. 36 - Geraldine Dumayag. Then Student no. 30 - Lyka Jane Ganias. And lastly, Student no. 14 - Kizzie Louisse Tomas. A total of four gorgeous females!" the man said.

All of them were stunned at the announced names. Four of the five famous girls from their block were now dead; actually the five of them were now dead. They can't imagine their faces, all bloody and agonizing from the pain.

"What a great battle that was! The explosions and all," the man continued.

They were now even more stunned. Then those explosions were from them? Hans thought.

"Well, now moving on from the danger zones, get your pens up," the man said.

"Starting from 1:00 AM, A=5. From 2:00 AM, G=5. From 3:00 AM, H=3. From 4:00 AM, I=8. From 5:00 AM, G=10. And lastly, at 6:00 AM, K=1. That's all for this time," the man said and the announcement is over.

"That was a close one," Hans said.

"What, why?" Renza asked.

"The sector of the lighthouse is at K=2," Hans answered.

"Oh," Renza said.

"Should we go get some rest?" Katya asked.

All of them looked at Katya and they all laughed.

"Okay, don't be too cranky," Hans said.

Katya lied down at the couch again and the rest followed her. Katya looked at Renza and shook off the thought she was thinking.

25 students remaining