(8)

(8)

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

<Everly's Point Of View>

"What the hell Terrance? All you have to give me is that you want me?" I shouted at him when the door clicked shut after Vincenio.

He ran his hand over his short cut, and sighed deeply.

"I want you and have for too long," he said once again.

I wanted to fucking scream. Give me something different. Give me a better reason as to why it was okay for you to punch the man I liked in the face, I wanted to scream at him.

"If you say that shit one mor--"

"What? So now that he's in the picture, my feelings don't matter?" he yelled in my face, pointing at his chest.

"No. Did my feelings matter to you when you were with Angela? You knew how I felt about you yet you did nothing but rub that gold digging hus--"

A crack sounded throughout the room the same exact time that my head flew to the left. A burning sensation spreaded throughout the area of my cheek.

On the verge of tears, I bit my bottom lip, and tapped my foot vigorously trying to calm down. Terrance knew what I was capable of. Despite the fact that he was man, I could still kick his ass and he knew that.

"I'm sorry," he whispered, a sob climbing to the surface. My face was still facing the left of the room, but I could hear the cry in his voice.

"You knew that she was a sensi--"

"Get the hell out of my office, and don't you come back ever," I seethed, clenching my fists tightly. My teeth dug into my bottom lip, finding it hard not to stoop down to his level and kill him.

"It was an accident," he mumbled, coming closer to me. I took one step back away from him.

"Get. The. Hell. Out. Of. My. Damn. Office!" I screamed at him, my patience thinning quickly.

"Are you seriously doing this right now Everly? All of this for an immigrant?" Terrance raised his voice, stepping into my bubble.

Wrong move.

My right fist connecting to his jaw, repeatedly, until two arms struggled to get me off of the asshole.

"It took me all these years to finally see your true colors Terrance. I'm glad I did." He was still cupping his face as blood poured from it. I didn't care. No one got to lay a hand on me, then talk more shit. I gave him a chance to leave, but he wanted to be bigheaded and not listen.

"That's what you get," I spat at him as those same two arms led me out of the office.

---

<Vincenio's Point View>

"My men," I boomed, catching the attention of the army of men.

"You will surround this woman's workplace," I ordered them. When I met Terrance, he seemed a bit...off. I knew that he was very good friends with my love, so she wouldn't be able to see the evil within him like I could. That's why we are two totally different beings. I knew from the moment he greeted me that he would be a problem, and I was proven right by his act today.

"Look for this man," I said, gesturing to the large powerpoint behind me that had Terrance's picture, and information.

"Send him message. The Sandrigo message," I told them referring to something that my family has done for years when we have a predator on our hands.