(3)

(3)

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

<Everly's Point Of View>

Waking up had to be the worst feeling ever. Pain coursed the circuits of my body, pinching my nerves. My whole being was beyond sore. Tiny cuts and scrapes from the glass debris adorned my once flawless caramel skin tone.

The room felt fuzzy, and a wave of drowsiness hit me. I felt as if the world was spinning, and that the only way to stop it was to go back to sleep. Going back to sleep meant reliving horrible dreams that invaded my thoughts, and I figured facing my pain head on was better than any dream my mind could muster in my comatose state.

"You're finally awake," a familiar voice rang. As my vision slowly cleared, I could make out who the voice belonged to. Terrance.

Terrance Washington was my personal lawyer. He was a high school friend, and remained by my side until the opening of my company. He was thirty-three, but his looks were no reflection of that.

There were no signs of wrinkles nor were there signs of graying hair or saggy skin. He was a handsome dark chocolate man, with his black hair cut short. His eyes were of a beautiful brown hue, and his smile was one of the best that I had ever seen in my life.

He was a great catch personality wise. He was very funny, when he wanted to be, and very generous and sweet.

I could truly see myself with him if it weren't for the uncrossed line of friendship. I was totally friendzoned, at least in my opinion, and was to chicken to ask him out due to that small possibility of rejection.

Trying to sit up, a sharp pain stopped me in my tracks. I winced, almost yelped, settling back into the warmth of the uncomfortable hospital bed, and rough sheets.

"Woah," Terrance said, helping me settle into a more convenient position. His scorching hot hands sent a warmth down under, increasing my lust for him.

"I-Im fine," I said shyly, suddenly extremely hot. My heart monitor raced as he continued to carress my skin softly.

"Your heart is racing Ev, should I call a doctor?" Concern laced the tone of his velvety voice, as his wide orbs looked upon me gently.

"N-N-No," I stuttered out frantically. "I'm fine, just a little...hot I guess," I replied more causally.

What is wrong with me? I never grew bothered by an extremely handsome man before, so why with Terrance?

He knew everything about me, and I him. We were practically inseperable. Why was I now, after ten years of close friendship, acting like a love struck fool at his touch?

"Do you want some ice?" he asked tenderly, draping a soft hand over my forehead. I winced the slightest at his touch, causing him to automatically retract his hand.

"Does this hurt you?"

"No," I anwsered quickly. There was a heavy silence that filled the air of the small white painted room, but I soon broke it with a clear of my throat.

"Where is he?" I asked Terrance. He as in the man that caused my accident. I wasn't as mad as I thought I would be, but I'm pretty upset.

"Who the Italian guy?" Terrance asked slightly irritated it seemed. He crossed his arms, glaring at nothing in particular.

"Um, yeah, him. Where is he? Could you call him in or something?" Playing with my fingers, I hoped that Terrance would just comply to what I wanted, no questions asked.

I wasn't even sure what I was doing, dragging this strange man along.

"Uh, yeah sure. I'll go get him. Do you know him?" Terrance asked quickly before he reached the brown wooden door. His hand grasped the metal handle, ready to turn.