Epilogue

18 years later...

Vincenio and I have been seventeen years strong! Its as if everyday is like the first day we fell in love. Our love grows stronger with every day and I couldn't ask for a better husband.

"Mom, dad, Hazel has a boyfriend!" Harper sang as he barged through the door. Hazel's short legs stormed after to him, trying to make their way in front of him to explain herself. Vincenio raised a brow, his hand reaching for his waste band.

My hand stopped his.

"Is that so?" He questioned with a harsh tone. The fear in Hazel's eyes did not go unnoticed.

"Harper is just kidding," she said as she looked down at the hardwood floor in the eight bedroom home. Hazel was becoming more and more nervous as the conversation went on.

"No he nawt mommy!" Harmony, the four year old sister of Hazel shouted from the living room. Her dark curls came into view as it seemed the whole Sandrigo bunch gathered into the kitchen.

Vincenio and I had four more children after the twins. We were busy.

Hazel face palmed herself.

"Hazey was on the wideo call wif him last night!" She added.

"You weren't supposed to say anything Harmony," Hazel muttered under her breath.

I giggled because I was much like my daughter when I got my first boyfriend and my bodyguards (I mean my brothers) found out. On the other hand, Vincenio was fuming.

"You're face timing this....boy?" He paused trying to come up with something to call him. Vincenio always told me he felt that no one would be good enough for his baby girl.

Hazels face flushed as she hit her brother in the shoulder.

"Fine, since the whole family knows, yes I have a boyfriend," she finally admitted, knowing that she couldn't hide that fact anymore. The whole family gushed at her while her father boiled with anger.

She was much like me. Even though she was different, we were still the same. Despite all the surgeries, she was a gymnast and a member of her highschool's dance team. Her hair was cut short, shoulder-length and a dark brown like mine. Although she inherited my husbands eyes, our features were much the same. She was growing into a beautiful young lady.

"Hazey and her boyfwiend sittin in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G!" Her younger siblings Harmony, and Hayden sung.

"Oh stop teasing your sister," I finally speak, slapping Harper on his arm and gathering my oldest daughter in a loving hug. "I cant wait until you bring your first girl home..." I said to Harper with a smirk. He paled quickly, then excused himself.

The younger kiddos ran back to the living room to play their games after I'd dismissed them, leaving a fuming Vincenio, an embarrassed Harper and me. Hannah and Haley, the younger twins of the bunch, were at choir practice.

"Dad I can explain," she started quickly. Vincenio's expression didn't change and his hand wasn't any looser on the butt of his handgun. I could tell he was ready to shoot shit up at any moment. I rubbed his arm in attempt to relax him. It worked.

"We have been friends a very long time," she started before she went into full detail of how it all began. It was sweet. Almost a story you'd read from a book.

"I do not approve," Vincenzo stated firmly. "I don't have a good feeling about this boy." He walked away, and the door to the his study, slammed.

Tears swelled in my daughters eyes, and instantly I felt bad.

"I'll go talk to him," was all I said before I got started on dinner.

---
"My dad hates you," Hazel laughed/cried into the phone as she spoke to her boyfriend. He was quite handsome. Tall, at least to her, pale, had blonde neatly combed hair, and piercing blue eyes. An Adonis.

"He'll warm up to you I'm sure," she added.

"Well whatever he thinks, I'm still not leaving your side. I've loved you for years, and I'm not letting you go. Especially when I go on tour with the next month."

Hazel instantly frowned. He was a marine. Quite older than herself by six years. His next tour began next month and lasted ten months. Her heart always constricted when they talked about it. Through it all she tried to remain strong for him.

"We'll miss you," she said holding her lower belly. Things were going to be tough without him. She was going to be alone.

"I'll miss ya'll more, and then some."

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

So this is the epilogue! I'm thinking of doing a second book, but with the main characters being Hazel and her man.

Lemme know if y'all are interested in a sequel!

Please comment and vote! This is my very first book finished and I know it's not the best. I will try to go through it and edit it later on. Thanks for all the support!!!