(1)

(1)

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

"Miss Finley, I am sorry to inform you, but the insemination did not take this time around," the elder doctor said softly to her. Everly crossed her legs, allowing her head to sink into her lap. It was the fifth try. She couldn't figure out why the egg wouldnt take. She had done everything her doctor suggested, but nothing seemed to work. She ate well, took her treatments as suggested, and even got into shape. Nothing seemed to work. That was a total damper on her pride and ego. People that don't even deserve to be in the presence of children, are granted with a plus sign on their pregnancy tests everday, and she, a successful, responsible young lady couldn't even get that excitement. At the age of 27, she was ready to fulfill the responsiblility of motherhood, even if that meant she had to do it by herself.

She was finacially ready, as well as emotionally. Just not physically, she guessed. "Doctor, is there anything I could do? Do you need more money? Can we try another treatment?" The young carmel colored woman rambled on. She wanted this. She could honestly say that even as a child, she imagined herself as a motherly figure. That she was surrounded by adoring kids.

The doctor shook his head slowly, pulling his rounded glasses off his face with his wrinkled fingers. "We have tried everything, Ms. Finley. There is nothing left we could do. It is obvious that the treatments are not working. No amount of money or treatment can grant you a baby. It all depends on the way your body works. Maybe you aren't ready to bare a child," he explained softly to her.

Every word the doctor spoke, stabbed her repeatedly in the gut. She felt ashamed. As if she didn't matter to the world. She wanted to be somewhat like her parents, but in a way, she was letting them down. They granted lives to six children, yet she couldn't have any. To add insult to injury, the doctor was basically telling her that she wasn't ready. How could he tell her that she wasn't ready? It is her body. She knows what goes on, and she is sure that if they tried harder that she will be granted a child as she wishes.

"There are other options Ms. Finley. Adoption, or you could hire a surro--"

"Oh shut up!" she snapped. She didn't want to hear this bullcrap. If she really wanted to adopt, why hadn't she tried already? If she wanted a surrogate mother, why hadn't she hired one? She had the money to. You want to know why? Because, every surrogate mother has that hesitation of giving up their kid when it's born. She didn't want to be the one to take something so precious away from another female. Plus, all those months would have been a waste of her time. She didn't need that. Second, she didn't want to adopt, because she wanted to go through the process of pregnancy.

She wanted to look down everyday for nine months, and notice the growth of her stomach. She wanted to experience the back pains, the swollen feet, and the morning sickness. She wanted to bring life to this planet. She couldn't do that with her other options.

"So you're telling me, that my body isn't ready for a baby? Because I know I am. I have dreams about this. My dreams have never failed me yet, Dr. Walter."

"You are in denial Ms. Finley," the elder man replied.

Gathering her belongings together, Everly stood up in her Louboutin Red Bottoms, determined to leave the office with some type of dignity. She straightened out her black blazer, and smoothed the remaining wrinkles from her body-con white dress. "And you, Dr. Walter, are out a customer. Have a nice day," she dismissed, sashaying away to the exit of the office.

*****

"So, how did it go?" Eleonora, Everly's older sister asked. She knew about Everly's attempts to concieve, actually, her whole family knew.

Not saying anything, Everly downed her shot of Tequila, and dropped her head in her hands. "What have I done? Is this God's way of punishing me?" she asked no one in particular. She understood that the Lord above threw obstacles in people's ways in order to enduce strength among his children, but she had, had enough. She did, anything, and everything asked of her. She didn't get why she couldn't just get this one thing she asked for. She hated seeing her siblings with their kids, or even pregnant. It stabbed her heart, and made her eyes water.

Her sister rubbed her back gently, trying to console her younger sibling. Her dark fro tickled Everly's cheek, causing her to giggle a bit. "That's it!" Eleonora exclaimed, happy to see her sister smile. She carresed Everly's face, and made her look at her. "You just need to live your life. Don't worry about anything. Be happy. It's probably all that stress from your job, that has you uptight and what not," her sister chuckled.

"Oh shut up! For a school teacher, I could say that you're one of the most uptight women I've meant in my life! I feel bad for the poor kids that have to hear you croak about all day!" Everly joked, pouring another glass of the liquid.

"Just because," Eleonora started, pausing to take her shot, then continuing, "I am keen on respect in my classroom; that doesn't make me uptight. Those kids walk around here like they run the place! I swear! One of the students in the class commented on the size of my butt!" she exclaimed, giggling along with her sister.

"Well... if I didn't know you and I saw that baby had back," Everly retorted, letting her sentence trail into the air. Both women elicited laughs, already feeling their buzz. Everly drew back her third and final shot, before slamming her hands on top of the marble counter top, and stood up. She grabbed her blazer, and shrugged her jacket onto her body before grabbing the keys to her car.

"I guess that's it tonight! I have work in the morning. Love you," she said, gathering her sister into a hug, and pecking her cheek. "See you around. Tell my nephews that I said hi!"

"Will do! Now take yourself home! You're not completely trashed, are you? I can have Maddox take you home if you'd like," Eleonora offered. Everly shook her head, already opening the front door to her sister's house. "No I got it, but thanks for asking. I'll be alright. I'll call when I get home, bye."

Edited by:

fire_heartt

Hello lovelies! I noticed that there aren't really that much Interracial books, so I took it upon myself to write one! I hope you like it! This is an idea I sort of had while writing my other book. I know, there are totally different, but anyway, please comment, and vote. Don't be afriad to follow! :)