(22)

(22)

Third point of view

1 year later......

Today was the day. Excitement was in the air as everyone gathered into the meadow for the celebration. Everly Finley would soon be Everly Sandrigo. The weather was perfect outdoors today, a light breeze tossing the different scents around the growing crowd. A light buzz grew around the family and friends as they waited for the groom and bride to join together at the alter.

Everly talked lightly with her siblings and Vincenio's sister anxious as the time was cutting closer to two. Her make up was done perfectly, a natural aura flowing over her. Her hair was in barrel curls cascading down her back, half of it pined up elegantly. A few baby's breath adorned her head adding to the angelic look she had. Her babies gurgled happily in their aunts arms while watching her get ready. They both grew so much in the last year.

Both of their hair was a little longer, but not much. Harvey was already taking his steps, whereas his sister was just contempt with crawling. Each day that they aged they began to look more and more like their father.

"Its time for the dress!" Natalie announced happily. Smiling Everly quickly got up before slipping into the beautiful dress. The dress hugged her curves in all the right places, enhancing her curves greatly. She felt like a princess in this dress. She slipped her perfectly manicured feet into the white stilettos, looking herself over for any last minute touch-ups.

"You look beautiful," Her mother and Natalia announced at the same time. She had to fan her eyes so that the tears she was shedding wouldn't ruin her makeup. She hugged them both before a knock sounded on the door of the room. Her father came into view, announcing that it was time.

Everly nodded before getting in line behind all of her bridesmaids and her babies.

--

Vincenio waited nervously as the soft piano began to play. Bridesmaid after bridesmaid entered the room. He waved happily to his children when they came into view. They both began to talk, but he couldn't understand them.

His palms began to sweat as he swiped a long strand of his black hair behind his ear. He never took to shaving or cutting his hair knowing that his fiancee enjoyed his long hair so much. His hair was half up, half down a loose tendril floating over his eye.

When he controlled his nervous breathing, she finally came into view. Her soft waves blew lightly behind her as a soft breeze passed by. The dress she was wearing wasnt like anything that he saw her in before. She was by far the most gorgeous woman he ever met and was glad that he would be sharing the rest of his life with her.

Finally she was standing before him, a soft smile grazing her wonderful lips. He couldn't hear the minister as his focus was on her. She captured all of his attention. She blushed lightly at his gaze and continued to smile at him.

Before they knew it, it was time to exchange rings and vows. Vincenio cleared his throat before going first.

"Everly, from the moment that I met you, I knew that you were the one for me." She gushed at how well his English had improved in this last year. "I knew from the first kiss that I had to get you to love me. You are so strong minded, and wise that I cant help but to admire you so much. You are the love of my life, and I cant wait until we are that old couple that sits on the porch and yells at the delinquents to stay off our grass."

The crowd in the white chairs erupted in laughter. She giggled lightly as he placed the diamond ring on her finger. Everly grabbed his ring, and took a deep breath before she began.

"Words cannot explain the way I feel about you Vince. I know that I cannot live without you. I've done it before and it was absolute torture. I love you so much and promise to give this marriage 110% everyday. I vow to be faithful, patient, kind and loving every step of the way. I love you."

With that, she slipped his simple band on his finger. The minister went on to say a few more things before he announced them as husband and wife.

"I know pronounce you as husband and wife, you may now kiss your bride."

Vincenio grabbed Everly before dipping her and kissing her with all that he had. He brought her up before picking her up in his arms and carrying her to the tent where the reception would be.

---
---
---

It was months after they had gotten married. Everly would sometimes help out at the office with Vincenio as his personal assistant but mostly stayed home with the children. She enjoyed just being at home with her family, and not always being stressed with deadlines.

She was happy. Nothing had really changed in their household other than her name. The children had everything they needed, Vince seemed like he was happy. Life was without worries, and for once she was glad that she could relax.

Today was a special day. She couldn't wait for her husband to get home. She started dinner an hour before he got here, making his favorite. Meatloaf and mashed potatoes.

The kids were watching their cartoons happily as she carefully placed the small and large t-shirts into a gift bag.

Moments later keys jingled at the door as the kids were hollering for their father.

"Da!" They shouted until he rushed over to their play pin and gathered them both in his arms kissing their foreheads.

"Hey you two," he said squeezing them tight before he went over to Everly quickly kissing her lips.

"How was work?" She asked him curious.

"It was..work. Nothing interesting happened. The usual meetings. How are you feeling today sweetheart?"

It took everything in her not to tell him the truth. "I'm fine, dinners ready."

He put the kids in their high chairs as she grabbed the gift bag from the living room. She served him first before sliding the bag across the table. He raised an eyebrow before reaching into the bag.

There was a green and white shirt with the words 'Big Brother' or 'Big Sister' on the front. Then another large shirt that read 'Hi Daddy! Can't wait to meet you!' with the projected due date.

His eyes widened.

"Y-Your pregnant?" He asked a smile growing on his face.

She nodded before he jumped up from the table, engulfing her in his arms.

---

Wow. My first book is complete. I'm sorry the ended is kinda crap but I tots don't know how to end a book. Any who, there may or may not be an epilogue. I haven't decided.
Thanks for the support! Ya'lls comments and votes were very inspiring! Thank you so much for reading my book.

Ps: I'm sure y'all can tell I love my men with dark long hair. It's so attractive, and dreamy. 😍