(13)

(13)

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

Read Author's Note at the end. Really important.

<Everly's Point Of View>

"You don't seem excited," I frowned as I dropped my fork. I was hoping that he would be the least bit happy that we were starting a family together. With all my doubts and insecurities pushed aside, I was ready to begin our relationship properly.

"Believe I'm happy," he bit out between clenched teeth. "I wonder when you were to tell me," he added as he took a generous swig from his wine glass. My face paled.

"We were separated," I started as I rubbed my belly. The babies were squirming around and I couldn't seem to get comfortable when they did so. I hoped that rubbing my stomach would still their movements.

"That no excuse Everly," he growled. "You keep me from mio bambini far to long. Why? Why is that you could no tell me!" By now, we were gaining some attention from the other diners in the restaurant.

"Vincenio!" I snapped fiercely. "You will lower your tone this instant! I did not come here to argue. It's not good for the babies anyway. You know they can hear us right?"

Sure it was wrong to use the babies as an excuse to rid of my relationship problems, but I didn't want or feel like arguing with Vincenio tonight. It was our night to catch up and it was being spoiled by the subject I thought he would be happy about.

"I'm sorry bella," he apologized. He grabbed my hands and squeezed them gently. "I don't mean to upset. I just.....I love you. Ti amo, mio cara. I just wished we could go through process together."

"There's reason why I came tonight," he continued reaching into his suit jacket pocket, my heartbeat pounding in my ears. Dropping down to one knee in front of me, he grasped my hand and held the black box in the other.

"You have broken me five months, though I love you more than anything. I know it's soon, but I have died to be telling you this. Everly Finley, you are the mother of bambini, and owner of mio cuore. From day I met you, I knew you were for me. Not moments passed by I don't think about you. Please do me favor and steal my last name like you did with mio heart. Will you marry me?"

Tears rushed to my eyes, as my right hand shot up to cover my mouth. I could hear audible gasps sound around me, as bystanders watched the scene unfold. I was surprised at how quick he could change. He was mad at me now he was asking my hand in marriage!

"Just say yes already!" She heard a feminine voice exclaim. That knocked me from my state of shock.

"Oh my goodness gracious yes! A million times yes baby!" I cried as I jumped into his arms. His hands circled my waist, drawing me closer to his smiling mouth.

"God yes. Thank you mio bella," he whispered to her. The restaurant bursts into a round of applause, camera flashes going off. I knew that this would make the tabloids within the next two days or so.

Hand and hand, the newly engaged couple walked out of the restaurant, and towards Vincenio's car. He was going to show her just how much he loved her at their new home.

<Terrance's Point Of View>

What did she see in that man and not me? Was it the accent? Or the perfect locks of hair? I knew that she knew about his family 'business' so was it because he guaranteed her safety?

I could grant her the same benefits! Oh and seeing her belly swollen with that devil's children? I was beyond heated.

"That should be me!" I shouted as I slammed the magazine down that had Everly and that monster's face splattered on the cover.

"It could Terrance," he heard the familiar voice ring. The voice of the person he was beginning to hate so, so much.

"I thought," he began as he strolled into his office uninvited, twirling a ring around his finger. "I made clear to stay far from mio wife," he began as he moved closer and closer to Terrance.

"She's not your wife immigrant," I seethed in anger. I was now regretting my encounter with Everly days before.

"Are you marrying her so that you can obtain your green card?" Although fear pricked me, I wouldn't let it show. My pride was worth more than anything, and I wasn't going to let my biggest competitor get to me.

"Keep talking," Vincenio said, his hands balling into fists.

"How did you find out anyway? Did you stalk her around while she was out?" I said referring to the fact that he knew about me seeing Everly the other day. I didn't really see what the big deal was. Sure I had hit her, but that was months ago. She was sure to forgive me. It wasn't like I was planning to hit her again or something.

"My wife told me."

Damn you to hell Everly! What was the first thing I told her before she left? Not to tell this guy! He's fucking crazy! And I wouldn't bet on him sending me away so that I wasnt in her life anymore.

"Two options," Vincenio said as held up two fingers. "Leave mio family alone, or I make you. Simple. Now choose," he threatened as he moved in closer to my desk.

Why was this happening to me? I wasn't crazy. I wasn't obsessed, but the thought of Everly moving along so fast was striking a jealously cord within me. Was this how she felt when I was dating Angela? I should have paid more attention to her then.

"I shouldn't have to leave my best friend alone because of her crazy 'husband'," I said with air quotes whenever I said husband. This was ridiculous! I have known Everly far longer than he did. I felt as if he was controlling her. Was he abusing her? Was he giving her no choice but to marry him? If so, then this issue would have to be addressed.

"You friend, told that she wanted nothing to do with you. Don't believe me? Call her." With that Vincenio left the room, leaving me to wither at his last sentence. Was it true? Would she really throw a lifetime's friendship for this guy?

Not Edited

Hi guys. I just wanted to get something updated, because I probably wont update ANY of my stories for a while. As you have been informed, my father was having a major surgery. He had it on Wednesday and was fine. Over the course of the three days after his surgery, one thing after another occurred, and he ended up passing yesterday morning. Its hard to deal with when I was a daddy's girl, and so close to him, so updates will be slow until further notice. Thank you for understanding.