(20)

(20)

<<Vincenio's Point of View>>

I stared into the NICU at two babies covered in wires. They were born far too early, but survived which was a relief. Their bodies were so petite, curly black hair adorning both of their heads. Their pale skin was a bit red from their bath. Their eyes were closed, but I knew that they inherited my green eyes. 

The doctors were of course worried about our baby girls progress and development, for our son was exceeding in those areas. Tears sprung to my eyes at such beauty. They were perfect. If only their mother were here. 

"Mr. Sandrgio?" A nurse asked as he looked into the window of the room. His eyes never left his kids as he listened. 

"Ms. Finley is stable--"

"Can I see her?" I asked hopeful. I was nervous that she wouldn't make it.

"As of right now, she is being moved to recovery. She wouldn't be allowed any visitors until she is situated."

"Is she awake, is she going to wake?" I asked her worry filling my heart. The nurse sighed heavily. 

"She lost a lot of blood Mr. Sandrigo. Her heart is under a lot of stress right now with the delivery of the babies, and the surgery to repair the damage. It is unknown to the doctor whether or not she will wake or when. She just needs time to heal."

I nodded, and thanked her for the information.

--

4 weeks Later.....

Everly woke up four days after surgery. I knew that she would be in a ton of pain so I tried my hardest easing the stress on her. Her family would stop by to keep her and the babies company when I had to tend to the needs of her business. 

The twins would be discharged today. They were growing so quickly. It was painful seeing them in a hospital crib when they could easily be at home with Everly and me. 

I face timed Everly, showing her the babies while she was in her room, two floors up. She was ordered to bed rest until her health progressed.

"Hello mamma's babies!" she cued. They both gurgled a bit at her voice. I laughed so proud of what the love of my life and I created. "What did the doctor say about them today?" she asked as I turned the camera on to me. 

"Little Harvey and Hazel can go home!" I said excitedly. I wanted to put light on the situation because I knew that this would upset her. 

"W-What?" she asked sadly.

"I spoke to the doctor earlier, and he is rounding up their discharge papers now," I said. She was quiet for a moment, a look of sadness coating her face. 

"Can you come up to my room please? I'll send your mom or mine down to watch the kids."

I nodded.

--

When I found out about the kids being delivered early, I called my mom and booked her a plane ticket to the states as well as my sister. I wasn't sure when Everly would get out of the hospital, and needed all the help I could get with caring for the newborns.

She was of course excited and congratulated me on finding love and starting a family. She couldn't wait to meet Everly and when she finally did she couldn't stop talking. She did nothing but embarrass me and keeps managing to weeks later.

I reached Everly's room, one of the guards I hired nodded to me as I entered the room. I made sure that two other guards were with the children as well. 

Everly was sitting up in her hospital bed, her curly hair in a frizzy messy bun. She was a lot thinner now than when I had met her almost a year ago. Time flies. 

"They're leaving without me," she said sadly tears springing to her eyes. I quickly crossed the room and carefully gathered her into my arms. 

"You be home in no time honey," I assured her. She was doing a lot better. She was starting to get up on her own to walk around the hospital halls, but she still needed assistance when it came to carrying the twins. Until she could do those things herself, she would remain in the hospital. 

"C-Can you bring them up before you leave?" She asked so hopeful. I kissed her hairline and nodded. 

Everly looked ready to fall apart. She was struggling with the fact that she was confined to her bed for god knows how long. 

I got up to go get the kids but she grabbed my arm. 

"Please don't go yet," she whispered, broken. I nodded not completely understanding why she was acting like this, but tried my hardest to comfort her.

I slipped into the hospital bed next to her, allowing her to cuddle into my side. She snuggled into my chest, releasing all the pent up frustration she was holding in. 

Terrance did major damage to her. She hated being left alone, and feared that he'd come back although he was sentenced to life in prison. I wouldn't let him get away with this. I knew people in the pin, and lets just say they are giving good ol' Terrance reasons to take his life. 

Just in case he'd happen to escape, which I knew he wouldn't, Everly got a restraining order against him for reassurance. She was broken and I was slowly trying to figure out how to fix her. I wanted to fix her. She was the love of my life and I wouldn't want her to live her life in constant fear. She didn't deserve this, and neither did the kids.

"I love you so much Everly," I told her kissing her soft lips. 

"I love you so much more Vincenio," she whispered with convection. 

--

What do ya'll think? Please comment and vote! I'll try to get another update tomorrow but I work all day and I have a butt load of homework. Love yall!