Chapter 39

Elise

I opened up every present one by one first being my best friends' Daisy and Summer's. Inside the box was Kylie Cosmetic's Halloween 2018 palette with other makeup products. I almost squealed when I saw it and hugged them both tightly. The boys had given me one book each along with chocolates and I thanked them for that. I loved reading books.

"Guess I'm going to be preoccupied for the next whole week." I said and they all laughed.

It was time to open up Harry's gift. From the size of it, it looked like a painting or a mirror. When I unwrapped it, I was left dumbfounded. I was lost for words and for a few seconds, I kept staring at it. It was a painting, well not just a painting of a scenery or anything else. It was a painting of me, painted beautifully that for a moment, I wished I was as beautiful as that painting. It was not a copy of my pictures or selfies that I took, in fact, it was a painting of his imagination, or maybe the way he saw me.

In the portrait, I was looking up, like if anyone saw it, they would think that I was looking up at them. He had painted every flaw, every spot on my face so beautifully. On the very bottom right, something was written. It read:

"The girl in this painting is more beautiful in real life."

And at the corner, there was his sign in tiny alphabets.

I was mesmerised by it and did not know for how long I kept staring at it. The more I stared at it, the more it looked beautiful.

"Why are you crying?" I heard his voice which pulled me out of my thoughts.

Just then, I realised that I was shedding tears.

"It's so beautiful." I said in a low whisper while looking up at him with eyes full of tears.

"You are more beautiful." He said and I hugged him tightly.
Everyone in the room awwed. 

I buried my face in his chest and started crying. He was so precious to me and I never wanted to lose him. In that moment, I realised that his feelings were definitely true for me and I definitely loved him.

"I love you." I said in a low voice with my face buried in his chest.

"I heard that." He said and I pulled away to look up at him.

"Thank you. It's very beautiful." I told him.

"Usually boyfriends give expensive gifts to their girls on birthdays but I thought to do something different." He smirked.

"I don't want anything expensive from you. This is everything." I said.

"But I got something else for you too." He said and pulled out something from his pocket.

"What is it?" I asked.

He opened up his fist and from that hanged a gold chain. It had both of our names' initial on it.

H&E

"Harry, you are very extra." I told him.

"Only for you." He said and put the chain around my neck.

"It's beautiful." I told him "Thank you." I said and kissed him in front of everyone.

"You two are goals." Liam commented.

Just then, I looked at them and saw all of their faces had the same expression. They all looked like they were staring at something beautiful. Anne looked like she was about to cry.

"What's wrong mom?"Harry asked. 

"Nothing. We were just having a beautiful moment here." She said wiping a tear that had escaped her eye.

We both went over to her and hugged her. She hugged back.

"Always stay like this." She told us.

---

It was currently 9 p.m. I asked Harry to go wear his costume so that I could do his make up.

"But it's only 9 p.m. The party starts at 12 midnight." He said.

"Harry, it will probably take me more than two hours to do both of our make up. You know I have to also give some special effects to it." I told him.

He agreed and then went to change. I did the same and wore my ragged bride's costume, doing a normal makeup. I went to Harry's room to see if he was ready. I knocked on the door and entered the room. There he was, standing in front of the mirror in his ragged suit. 

"Is my groom ready?" I asked looking at him through the mirror.

"Yes. Let's get married." He joked and we both laughed.

"I'm not joking. I'm serious." He said and I could feel the heat rush to my cheeks.

"Just kidding." He laughed and I scoffed.

"Hurry up, now." I said grabbing his arm and taking him to my room.

As I sat on a chair with all of my makeup in a clutter on the bed, Harry sat opposite to me. My plan was to first apply a very fair shade of foundation, then to add dimensions to the face using black eye shadow like the cheekbones, the jawline, making heavy dark circles and later applying a layer of latex and using stage blood to mimic cuts and scars, making it look scary, but in a cool way. It was a lot of work, and it was difficult too, especially when Harry would not stop saying things that would fluster me or complaining that the brushes were tickling him.

"You look really pretty today. I wish I could marry you right now." He said and I tried to mask up my feelings by scolding him for talking too much during the process.

"Can I kiss you?" 

"No."

"Can I hold your hand."

"NO."

"Can I move my face?"

"NOO."

"Can I see my face in the mirror?"

"No."

"Can I breathe?"

"No."

He puffed up his cheeks and literally stopped breathing.

"Harry what are you doing?" I asked trying to stay calm.

He did not speak.

"Okay stop. You can breathe now." I told him and he exhaled out the air from his mouth.

Finally after one hour and thirty minutes, I was done with his whole look. Everything seemed perfect and real, the latex scars, the blood.

"Woah. Cool!" He exclaimed as he examined himself in the mirror.

"Didn't know you were such a great makeup artist." He complimented me.

"Thanks." I said blushing deeply.

I was really tired and my back was hurting so badly. But I had to do my makeup too.

"I'm so tired." I said stretching my arms.

"Aww. I'm sorry. I must have given you a hard time." He spoke.

"Very hard time." I corrected him.

"Come over here." He said and pulled me towards him embracing me in his arms.

"Thank you for this amazing look. You are very talented, babe. You can rest for a while if you want. We still have time." He said.

"No, I can do it." I said with determination.

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"Yes." I said.

After another hour, I was done with my own special effects. I made my hair look really messy and pulled the veil over my face. I was ready.

"Let's go." I told him and we walked out of the room.

We were ready to slay tonight.