Chapter 24

It was 7:00 PM when I got back to the coffee shop. As I entered, I saw her smile at me. She had already winded up everything and was waiting for me. Coming out from behind the counter, she adjusted her beanie over her head.

"Let's go." She said.

"How was your day?" I asked her as we walked to the park.

"It was okay." She said looking up at the sky.

I put my arm around her shoulder and pulled her closer to me. She looked up at me and smiled.

"Everything will be okay, Elise." I told her.

"I hope so." She said.

We arrived at the park and went to our usual spot where we laid quietly looking up at the beautiful star lit sky.  I looked at her. Her eyes were on the stars above us but her mind was somewhere else in distant thoughts. She was overthinking. I could understand. She had been through a lot today and has to go through a lot, but I was there to make sure nothing happened to her. 

My feelings for her kept getting deeper. I have never felt so much attraction and cared so much about someone before. I wanted to make sure nothing happened to her. I wanted to see her face everyday. Wanted to be near her and wanted her to feel the same about me. I was not under any type of spell, my feelings for her were real and came from deep within me. I really liked her.

"What are you thinking about?" I asked trying to get her attention. 

She turned towards me and rested her small hand over my chest while her head laid over my arm. I wrapped my arm around her shoulder. My heart beat increased and I knew she could feel it under her palm. She felt really soft, like a small teddy bear.

"I'm thinking about a lot of things." She told me dreamily.

"Like what?" I asked curiously.

"Why do you still like me after finding out that I'm a witch?" She asked.

I had no answer. I just liked her for who she was. I really did not care if she had powers or whatever. 

"Because I just do." I said not being able to describe it.

"Are you not scared of me?" She asked.

"No. Why would I be scared of you?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

She removed her hand from my chest and got up to sit. I sat up too.

"What if I hurt you?" She asked.

"And why would you do that?" We were having back to back questions.

"What if I do it, unconsciously?" 

"I won't mind being hurt by you." I told her.

"But I'm not normal, Harry."

"You are totally normal, Elise. Powers or no powers, I still like you." I told her.

"You deserve someone better than me."

"I don't want someone better than you, Elise. I like you, only." I told her.

We both stared at each other.

"It's okay, if you don't want to date me. I'll never force you. I totally respect and will always be there for you no matter what." I said feeling embarrassed to have been too much open about my feelings.

"I like you too, Harry." She said immediately and I could see her cheeks turn red under pale light.

"What?" I asked not believing what I just heard.

"I like you." She said smiling adorably with sparkling eyes.

"Really?" I asked and she dropped her head low, nodding  while fidgeting her hands.

I lifted her chin up so that her dark eyes could meet mine. I have never seen her so shy and seeing her like this, I just wanted to hug her and tell her how precious she was to me.I leaned in closer until our lips brushed each other. I could not resist anymore and closed my eyes while our lips met. I could taste her fruit punch flavoured chapstick as I kissed her softly. Then I pulled back. Her whole face had turned red and she looked at me with wide eyes. 

"Sorry." I said immediately feeling embarrassed.

"It's okay..." She said and cupped my cheeks with her soft, cold hands.

She then gave soft peck at my lips. 

"Boyfriend." She finished her sentence and I smiled wildly.

I was so happy and excited. I pulled her into a tight hug.

"Harry... I ... can't... breath." I heard her mumble in my chest.

"Sorry. Just got a little over excited." I told her, breaking the hug.

"It's okay." She pinched my cheek.

After spending some time together talking about random things, I walked her home.

"See you tomorrow." She said and turned away to leave.

I immediately grabbed her hand to stop her.

"What?" She asked and I gave her a quick kiss.

"Nothing." I said pulling away and she smiled from ear to ear.

"Can I go now?" She asked.

"Well, if you ask me-"

"I'm going, bye." She said and ran away to her house.

Before entering she waved at me and then disappeared in to the house. I shook my head and ran my fingers through my hair laughing at her cuteness. She was mine.