Chapter 56

As I sat in my chair with my eyes closed for a while, I felt a movement in the surrounding. I opened up my eyes and found Elise sitting up in my bed. I immediately got up and rushed to her side.

"El." I said taking her face into my hands.

Holding her after so long, felt like as if energy was pouring into my body from my hands. I stared deep into her eyes as she searched mine. Then I pulled her into a hug. She nuzzled her face in my neck and gently rested her hands on my back while I squeezed her tightly. Then I pulled away.

"I was so much worried about you." I told her.

"Harry, I'm sorry." She said looking at me sadly. " I broke my promise. I used my powers." She said.

"I did not do it on purpose. You got me so mad that I did not realise when I summoned them up." She said innocently. "I'm sorry."

"Oh, Elise." I said and pulled her into a hug again.

"Please don't be mad at me." She mumbled.

"I'm not mad at you. I'm sorry for what I did to you. I never meant to hurt your feelings. I never meant to hurt you. It's just that I started having strange feelings and I needed some time alone. I needed some time to figure out what these feelings were. But never once in between this, I thought that I didn't love you. Because I love you Elise. I love you more than my own life." I told her.

She pulled away to look up at me.

"Really?" She asked.

"Yes." I told her.

"Then why did you ignore me today at school? It hurt me a lot." She complained.

"I'm sorry about that too. It was just that with all these strange feelings and then hearing those rumours about you and Cameron, I felt really sick. I trust you more than anything and knew that it's not true. But I just didn't feel like talking to anyone. When I got back home, I realised that I must have hurt you a lot so I was about to call you when you came by yourself." I said.

"Please forgive me." I said.

She looked down at her hands and then around the room to avoid eye contact with me when her eyes fell on something.

"What's this?" She asked grabbing the bottle of sleeping pills from my side table.

"Harry? You have been taking these?" She looked up at me sadly and I nodded my head.

"I couldn't sleep. I was having difficulty so I thought these might help. And they did." I said.

"Well, did you consult a doctor?" She asked.

"Yes." I lied and she gave me a knowing look. "No." I admitted.

"Please forgive me." I said and this time she kissed me.

I felt energy and courage pour into my body like she was giving me strength in the same way I gave her. She pulled back to look at me.

"I forgive you." She said.

"I forgive you too for breaking your promise." I said and pulled her into a hug again.

I just could not get enough of hugging her and wanted to stay like this in her arms forever.

---

"Mavis!" I ran into the room calling out her name.

"I'm here." I heard her voice.

"Where?" I said looking around the room but I could not find her.

There was a huge pile of books on the table behind which she used to sit. The room was a mess, every book lying open or inverted. What had happened?