Chapter 15- painful truth

I ran through the hallways and out the door. Tears flowed down my eyes. why would my stepdad do this to someone I loved dearly it couldn't be true."lyric! Lyric! Where are you going?!" I heard my sisters Calling out to me. I had to get out of there I couldn't do it anymore. "Hey slow down! What's going on" I heard Kyle calling out to me. "Get me out of here please I can't stay here any longer." I said tears flowing from my eyes." Okay let me just let them know we are going to head out." He said as he walked into the hospital. I stood there shaking hurt from everything I had just heard.

We were in kyles car driving down the highway listening to music. He had the heat blowing because it was so cold outside, you could see your breath blowing in the wind. I tried holding my tears in but I just couldn't. They just flowed down my cheeks. "Where do you want to go?" Kyle asked me. I didn't realize I didn't give him an exact destination to take me. I bit down on my lip confused on what to say I definitely couldn't go home. I didn't want to see my stepfathers face. kyle looked over at me raised an eyebrow. It's like he knew what i was thinking already. "Alright we just gonna go to my crib then."

"O-okay." I said still unable to speak. We pulled into his drive way, got out and walked
up the steps. His house was so beautiful at night the way it lit up. So romantic looking but Kyle was definitely far from a romantic nigga.
We walked inside and I sat down in the living room. "Yo you hungry or thirsty or some shit?" Kyle asked me snapping me from my daze. "Umm a little bit." I said realizing I hadn't had anything to eat all day. "Alight bet Mexican food alright?" He asked me. "Yeah that's fine." I half smiled.

I couldn't be to happy with everything going on right now. But for some reason I felt like Kyle would be the person to take my mind off of things. Kyle came back in and asked if I wanted
To watch a movie while we wait for the food. I said yes and he was surprised when I chose Halloween to watch. I love horror movies and Halloween is my favorite. We got to the part where Michael was going to kill jamie lee Curtis when the door bell rang. It was the food, I had asked for a carne asada burrito with everything on it. With a side of rice and beans and a small horchata.

We ate and watch the rest of the movie and I started to get really tired. "Do you mind if I uhh." Ugh I couldn't even get the words out to ask. "First door on the right." He said like he already knew what I was going to ask. "Oh and this time I have something more comfortable for you to sleep in." He said never looking my direction from the tv. "Thank you." I said smiling and walking towards the room. I got to the room and see the letter L on it. I wonder what it stands for. I realized it wasn't his room maybe he wanted to respect me.

I walked in went to the closet and found some
Regular pajamas to put on and laid in bed. I looked up at the ceiling tears started to flow from my eyes. I heard a knock on the door. "Yo lyric you up." I heard Kyle calling to me."y-yeah I am." I replied a little startled. "Imma come In real quick." He said as he was opening the door. "Aye you straight?" He asked me in a worried tone. "I don't know honestly I don't know what to think." I said still having tears roll down my cheeks. "Well I don't know what you going through but just know that shits going to get better." Kyle said smirking at me.

"Yeah." I said as more tears flowed down my eyes. He looked at me, lifted his eyebrow, shook his head, and laid down next to me."what are you doing!" I asked him nervously. "This is what you want right? Comfort?" He asked me as he laid down with his hands behind his head. "I will leave when you fall asleep." He said to me with his eyes closed. I looked over at him surprised, he was so thoughtful. It was kind of sexy the way he was caring of how I felt. I grabbed his face and turned it towards mine. I looked deep into his eyes they were so beautiful almost spell-bounding. "Kyle?" I said nervously.

"Yeah what's up?" Kyle asked me not opening his eyes. "Would you possibly um." I stumbled over my words not able to get them out. He looked over at me, "what is it lyric speak?" He said starting to sound a bit irritated. "I want you to be my first," I said turning my face away from him scared of what he might say. He turned my face towards him looked at me for a few seconds I was shaking. I was nervous of what he might say. He looked at me a little longer then said. "No." He turned his gaze away from me and shook his head.

What I'm confused why not????