Isabelle Olympus Part 3

Hey! Here's part three! I don't think it's very good, but I hope you enjoy it!

I woke up and immediately leapt out of bed. This was the day I had been waiting for ever since I got here, my sixteenth birthday! I was going to become a goddess today, like a proper one. How many girls can say that? I changed and practically ran to breakfast, where I got scared out of my skin by the whole camp jumping out singing happy birthday. They had all got up early to decorate, there were streamers and balloons hanging from trees, and a happy birthday banner was seemingly hanging in midair. It had been my turn to sit at the Hera table, so I was relieved to see that all of the tables had been pushed to the side and a giant picnic rug had been spread on the floor, so I didn't have to sit by myself on my birthday.

They had left a space for me at the top of the rug between the Athena and Hermes cabins. Dionysus and Chiron were sat opposite me at the other end. A naiad came out from the trees behind me carrying a cake large enough for the entire camp and everyone started singing happy birthday. I blew out the candles having no idea what to wish for, and said to myself that I would save my wish for when I knew what I wanted. I cut the cake and passed it around, to everyone.

Almost as soon as the last spoonful of cake was in my mouth, Ben, the leader of the Ares cabin stepped forward in front of me, knocking Tyler from the Apollo cabin out of the way. He holding something behind his back, trying to hide it from my view but it was taller than he was so was sticking out above his head.

"Ares cabin first." He said excitedly bringing out a spear from behind him and handing it to me. The spear was beautiful, the handle was intricately carved and the tip was celestial bronze, of course, but it had been moulded into a decorative tip. It was obvious that the spear was more for decoration, but it would still be lethal to monsters if it was needed. Each cabin had made a present and they came up individually to give them to me.

The Aphrodite girls were the last to give me their present, Selena, their leader came forward with a beautifully wrapped box. Inside it was a gorgeous white one-shoulder Grecian style dress, intricately embrioded with what at first sight looked like blue and gold patterns. When I lifted the dress out of the box, it appeared to be purple and silver, the thread reflected differently in the light. So that when I moved it would appear as different colours.

I thanked them all for my gifts but I was interrupted when Chiron and Dionysus stood up and walked over to me. Dionysus hugged me tightly and said

"You'll get your present from me at 6 this evening in the clearing." He stepped back and his easy smile was replaced by a bored, slightly annoyed expression when he took in the rest of the camp. I chuckled to myself, he was so stubborn, he wouldn't admit that he cared a little bit for them. He stupidly stuck to being moody and stroppy the whole time. Chiron stepped around him and handed me an old book with a ribbon tied around it. I smiled as I read the title, it was the book that I had mentioned I had wanted, but that was months ago, I couldn't believe he remembered. Also it wasn't your average book, this was a rare book on monsters and heroes over the last thousand years.

"Chiron, I don't know what to say. Where did you get this? There are only like 50 copies in the world." I asked incredulously. Chiron just smiled and hugged me, I turned around to thank everyone for everything they had done for me but I stopped when I saw they were giving me weird looks. The Aphrodite girls' expressions were ones of anticipation and excitement but when I looked around the others held faces of pity. I started to worry, what were the Aphrodite girls going to do to me?

"Izzy, don't thank us just yet, because we have another great present for you. We are going to give you a full make over, so that you are ready for the party this evening. Chiron's throwing it, so don't blame us for that part." They said the last bit slightly defensively, everyone knew what kind of taste in music Chiron had and I don't think it was the same. "Come on, we only have about 3 hours to get you ready for the party!" They squealed in delight grabbing my hand and dragging me off to their cabin. I caught glimpses of people from the Ares and Athena cabins they looked like they thought I was going to be tortured and there was nothing they could do to save me. They weren't too far away from the truth as the Aphrodite girls gave me an entire makeover including my eyebrows being plucked, legs waxed and being forced to wear 3 inch stilettos for the rest of the night. Apart from the painful bits, I really enjoyed it, I guess that's the Aphrodite part of me and I had to give it to them they had done a good job, by the time they were finished my hair was glossy and curled perfectly, the dress looked stunning on and overall I looked about as perfect as they could get me.