chapter twenty two

The ceremony was starting in about an hour. I mostly hanged out outside. Just looking off into the distance. I knew no one here besides Kyung Seok who was talking to his old friends.

I headed outside to see the groom taking pictures. I could only see the back side of him so I didn't see his face. He was tall about 5'10. He had black hair and a black suit on. It was a little windy so I headed back inside.

The wedding was finally about to begin. I was excited. I was sitting next to the groom's grandparents. I could tell because they were too old to be his parents and were sitting on the groom's side.

"Excuse me. Is it fine if I sit here? It says my name but I don't want to bother you." I said to them bowing a little.

"Oh yes, you can. It doesn't mater."

I sat down next to the grandmother.

"So are you his grandmother?"

"Yes. I helped that boy grow up and look now I'm here watching him get married."

I smiled at her. She looked about in her middle 70's. She was very pretty. The wedding started and the groomsmen walked in. Then the groom walked in.

I knew him. He was standing right there.

Park Jinyoung.

We all stood. I faced the other way so he wouldn't see me. I didn't want him to see me. I avoided looking at him. I was siting in the first row. He would definitely see me but I acted like I didn't know who he was.

He hugged all his groomsmen and stood right in front of the wedding arch. The host was just saying random jokes about the bride. Turns out that the person who was getting the two married was the bride's brother.

I was wondering who the bride was. It could be Ji-Yeon. It could be someone else. I was just glad he was happy. I tried my best to not cry. I still love him.

I don't know why I was still sitting there. Seeing Jinyoung with a smile on his face waiting for a woman to walk to him and marry him.

Everyone stood up for the bride. Music started playing. I saw her. Ji-Yeon. She looked amazing in her wedding dress.

Yes. It was hard seeing them together. But I told him if he was happy I had a reason to be here right now. Jinyoung was the only person I ever loved. I guess now that he is getting married that I let him go properly.

I looked at Jinyoung. He was crying. I'm sure they were happy tears. My vision was right. The man I love would marry a beautiful woman and have an amazing life with her. I never really wanted it. It was something to distract me from the fact that I loved him too much.

Fate is a lie. Fate will never let you meet. Destiny isn't real. Destiny won't pull you together until you fall in love. The universe will just make sure you don't end up with him. Don't believe in sappy stuff like that. If you do, you'll end up like me. Sitting at the man of your dreams wedding and you weren't even marrying him.

The ceremony started. They looked each other in the eyes and were holding hands.

The grandma held my hand. "You're very pretty. I wish you married my grandson. Not that bratty girl over there."

I was shocked by her words. I knew Ji-Yeon had an attitude but I didn't know his family knew.

"Oh. I don't know your grandson well. I came here with his friend."

"You have a boyfriend?"

"Oh no. He's just my friend."

"Oh. Well, you are very special girl. You have this charm. I can see it."