XC

The war had ended and with the final stage coming to a close, the metal vessels who had gathered all returned back to their respective countries. Ill Ilah had finally been defeated and for the years to come, no world would ever be placed in peril. Lucy and the others had returned back to the Celestial Empire and though she had cut herself off from the others for three years, she decided to pay them a visit every once now and then and Masrur, Kaede, Tomoyo, Wu Kong, Hakuyuu, Hakuren, and Masud didn't mind it for they, too, enjoyed going down every few times a month.

After the battle, Lucy frequently visited the Kou Empire as a way to make up for the past three years and though she had left them and was prepared to be rejected, they welcomed her and that was more than enough. Discussing it with Kaede and the others, she had decided to stay in the Kou Empire for at least a year and they willingly agreed upon the condition that she would continue looking over her paperwork and with them paying a visit at least once a month. Now, spring had come to the Empire and the cherry blossoms bloomed in full dignity as its petals cascaded down and scattered itself along the courts.

"Lucy-neesama," Kougyoku popped into the garden of her hall. "Are you pruning the flowers again?"

Lucy smiled and turned, an elegant air encompassing her as she stood there among the blooming lilies, her white and gold Chinese-styled garments flowing behind her as her long, blonde locks trailed along the floor. She wore a long, white outer jacket with a golden rising phoenix etched on the back and seeing her before her every time, Kougyoku's heart danced with excitement for Lucy had really returned.

"Only by pruning them will they grow ever the more beautiful," Lucy answered as she placed the scissors down on the tray which the servants carried. "Seeing that you came here to my hall, did you finish your diplomatic duties, Kougyoku?"

"A given," she replied proudly.

Lucy chuckled. "Then shall we take a stroll around the palace?"

Kougyoku brightened up and clinging to Lucy, she happily complied without a second thought. The two exited Lucy's hall and walked through the palace as the maids followed them silently. Overlooking the pond, Lucy fed the koi swimming along in the ponds and she and Kougyoku talked about the passing days and what had been going on in their respective lives, each one laughing at each amusing point they pointed out. Kougyoku watched her laugh and hearing her sweet, melodic voice, a smile was painted upon her lips just from seeing and hearing her each word and action.

Lucy glanced at her in question and tilted her head. "Is there something wrong, Kougyoku?"

She shook her head and held Lucy's arm. "No, nothing's wrong at all. Everything's absolutely wonderful," she grinned, tears in her eyes as her cheeks were painted a soft rosy hue.

Lucy stared at her and smiling, she patted her head. "Then that's good to hear."

Their peaceful silence was soon interrupted as a boisterous voice was soon heard through the garden and upon hearing it, Kougyoku's expression soured while Lucy beamed with joy. Kouha bounded in with a cheeky grin, his hair and garments flowing behind him as he immediately reached out and hugged Lucy with no regard to the servants who stood there watching. Kougyoku gritted her teeth as she glared at Kouha, wondering how he could act so openly affectionate with Lucy when the whole entire Imperial Palace knew of their older brother's affection and favor towards Lucy.

"Kouha," Lucy smiled.

"It's been a while, Lucy-nee," he grinned and let go. "Has life in the Palace been fine? If the servants aren't good enough, I can switch them out with my personal ones."

Lucy laughed. "No need for that, Kouha. Moreover, taking your personal servants just to serve someone like me would be a waste of their talents."

"Nothing of the sort!" Kouha pointed a finger at her. "Right now, Lucy-nee is the Empress of the Celestial Empire and more than that, you're our family! Serving you would be anyone's greatest honor!"