XVII

A day had passed and with the next day, they had arrived. The large fleet that they had come on was now anchored at one of the small islands that surrounded the land where the dungeon had sprung up. They all unboarded the ship and made their way to the entrance of the dungeon. Though no one remained on the fleet, Yamraiha had cast an illusion magic around it, hiding it from the eyes of others. Though, they doubted that anyone would come near the dungeon considering just how many lives had been lost.

"We're finally here!" Kouha jumped off and onto the rocks.

"It's huge~!" Pisti exclaimed.

Spartos looked equally stunned by the size of it. "Agreed."

"This is really a dungeon?" Alibaba's eyes widened. "It's bigger than even that of Amon's!"

"It's a dungeon, all right," Sharrkan said, swinging an arm around his neck.

"It just shows how powerful the djinn residing in it is," Yamraiha stepped down from the ship. "Which is why the more people there are, the better our chances are in capturing it."

"But, the person who will capture it hasn't been determined," Koumei said, holding his fan close to him. "No one said that the person who captures it will be from Sindria. The Kou Empire has an equally likely chance of capturing it."

"Ho?" Hinahoho mused. "Then should we make it into a competition?"

"Stop it," Drakon said.

"Drakon's right," Sinbad said, walking off the fleet. "There's no point in fighting. It'll only lead to more difficulties inside. As to who captures the dungeon, it's all up to the djinn's decision in the end, no?"

They eyed him and had no choice but to agree. He was right.

"Here," Kouen took Lucy's hand and led her off the ship. "Watch your step."

Masrur walked right behind her with watchful eyes just in case she was to trip. Compared to the usual attire that she wore, she wore a simple knee-length white dress that showed part of her back, the front of it connected to the golden neckband that was part of the dress. On both of her arms were golden armbands with sleeves coming down from it - the sleeves slightly puffed at the bottom. She wore white flats with golden ankle banks at her feet. Her hair was let loose with a lock of her hair at each side braided and tied to the back into one single thin braid. The phoenix bangle dangled at her wrist as a thin golden necklace with a ruby at the middle hung from her neck.

She stepped off the ship and onto the land that the dungeon had been raised upon. Lucy stared at the dungeon with fascination. It was not as huge as the Kou Empire's Palace or Sindria's Kingdom but it was large and grand enough. However, there was no source of surprise in her eyes, something that surprised most of them.

A dungeon, huh? Lucy thought before smiling. "Are we entering?"

Sinbad smiled. "Yes. Follow us, little princess."

Sinbad stepped through the gate with Ja'far and the other generals following close behind him. They all had looks of excitement written on their faces and entered the portal to the dungeon with ease. Kouha was soon to follow, Kougyoku right behind him. Koumei sighed and walked in as well, though he wished that he could've slept a little longer.

"Are you ready?" Kouen turned to her. "There's no turning back after you enter."

"I'm ready," Lucy smiled.

He nodded his head and the two walked into the gates hand in hand. Masrur followed right behind Lucy and as they entered, they were pulled into the distortion of space and time. A blinding golden door with the mark of magic inscribed onto it, rukh fluttering wildly about. Lucy widened her eyes and the rukh fluttered towards her, taking them into the dungeon. The light died down and once they opened their eyes again, they looked around them.