LXVIII

Deciding to let Lucy continue to rest just in case she was to tire herself out again, the five of them decided to leave the next morning and soon enough, the time came for them to set out once again. The bandits, though a little reluctant to see their leader off, knew that it was for the best since they knew a person like him had a far brighter future ahead of him. Moreover, if it was with Lucy, then it should be fine. Over the days, they had grown fond of her just like how Wu Kong had been and having overheard their conversation, they all supported her and the others on their path.

"Then we'll be leaving," Wu Kong picked up his baggage as his sand-colored cloak and crimson, red hair billowed behind him.

"Bye, bye, Wu Kong-niichan!" the children waved.

"We wish you guys a safe journey," one of the women said, tears in her eyes.

"Boss, you have to take care of yourself!" one of the bandits said.

"Hey, I'm not your boss anymore, remember?" Wu Kong chuckled.

"No! You'll forever be our Boss no matter what!" one of them yelled.

"That's right!" another said.

Wu Kong gave a helpless smile and turned to the new bandit head. "Make sure to take care of these rowdy ones and keep them out of trouble."

"Yes!" the guy answered but his teary, snot-nosed face wasn't helping at all.

"Then, see you guys," Wu Kong said and waved at them.

"Thank you for the hospitality," Kaede nodded his head at them.

"We offer our gratefulness," Tomoyo said to the women, whom she had gotten along with them during the time that Lucy had been resting.

Masrur gave a curt nod as he hovered his arm around Lucy. Lucy turned her head slightly to them and with a bright grin, she waved her hand.

"Until we meet again!" she said.

"Yeah!" they all cheered as they sent them off with smiles on their faces, not wanting them to remember them with tears. After all, who knew when they would meet again?

Lucy, Masrur, Kaede, Tomoyo, and Wu Kong left the cave-dwelling and went onto the mountain path, luggage in hand as they went onto the next destination that fate had readied for them. Masrur and Lucy walked side by side as Kaede lead the way for he was the best when it came to navigating around unknown lands. Tomoyo and Wu Kong carried the luggage and the latter looked at her, wondering just how much she was carrying.

"Don't worry, I had the same expression, too," Kaede looked back and commented, knowing how Wu Kong felt.

"That strength is unbelievable," Wu Kong remarked.

"Not at all," Tomoyo plainly replied. "This is nothing. Besides, if you're a man, then shouldn't you at least be able to carry this much? Or are you a good-for-nothing?"

"Tomoyo," Lucy gave a helpless smile.

Tomoyo huffed and pouted as she looked the other way. Lucy chuckled and Masrur watched the two of them and the hatred that Tomoyo bore for Wu Kong was real; though, he could more or less understand why. Lucy turned to Wu Kong and gave an apologetic smile.

"Tomoyo's a half-Fanalis which is why her physical and magical abilities are greater than that of a normal person's," Lucy explained. "Though, I'd say that our magic status is relatively the same."

"I beg to differ," Masrur, Kaede, Tomoyo, and Wu Kong immediately turned her way.

"Huh?" Lucy blinked.