XXXIII

Putting her gently onto the bed, her hair branched out beside her on the bed as her white dress creased up like the petals of a flower. Her pale face was illuminated by the moonlight as well as the soft glow of the white lamps that hung from the ceiling of the greenhouse. Her long dark eyelashes shaded her orbs as her luscious pink lips seemed all the more mellow. Despite the many bottles of alcohol that she had drunk, her body still held a faint vanilla scent mixed in with strawberries. Masrur undid her hair, taking the hairpin and other accessories out, placing it to the side. He stared at the hairpin as the edges of his lips curled up ever so slightly before placing it to the side as well.

His gaze laid on her, taking in her mesmerizing beauty. His crimson eyes held such adoration and tender affection as those orbs just continued to watch her sleep ever so soundly without batting a single eye. Leaning down over her, he brought his large, coarse hand to her cheek and caressed it. Lucy let out a soft sound as she snuggled closer to his hand, his heart melting as it pounded heavily in his chest.

"Lucy..." he breathed, his eyes passionate and fervor.

He put a hand softly down beside her head, careful not to wake her, as he hovered over her, both his arms now on the bed beside her head as one of his legs were bent at her side. He leaned down over her, his face closing onto hers. He gulped and just as his lips were inches close to hers, he stopped.

What am I doing? he thought. To do something like this to her when she's defenseless.

He sighed and got up and sat by her bedside. Looking at her, he reached out a hand and gently patted her head with a soft smile on his face. She turned in her sleep and just as he was about to pull his hand away, Lucy grabbed onto his and pulled it to her, a smile lighting up on her face as she dreamt. Masrur widened his eyes in surprise before leaning down, planting a soft kiss on her forehead.

"Good night, Lucy," he whispered into her ear. "Sweet dreams."

With Lucy continuing to hold onto him with no intention of letting go, he laid down on the beside her and watched her pleasantly. He planned on staying by her side and that intention of his hadn't changed the slightest bit. The golden armband which housed his Household Vessel gleamed under the moonlight and as he closed his eyes, he felt himself drifting into unconsciousness, the two's hands holding tightly onto each other.

Morning~

The morning light of the sun shone through the cracks of the plants that hung from the ceiling, shining down on the greenhouse. Lucy squinted her eyes as she slowly opened them, revealing the honey chocolate orbs that she kept hidden. She looked around, not yet fully awake, and compared to usual, she felt warm as if her whole body was bathed in light. Turning her head slightly to the side, she came face to face with Masrur who laid there, still sleeping soundly. She stared blankly at him and thought back to last night.

Oh, right. I got a bit drunk and he carried me back...she remembered.

Looking at him, she softened her eyes as she felt his hand on hers. His large hand engulfed her small one but despite his large body in comparison to hers, she didn't feel dominated over but rather, she felt protected. Lucy watched his sleeping face with a small smile as she reached a free hand out to caress his spiky hair.

So soft, she thought and chuckled. I rely on you too much.

"Lucy..." he mumbled in his sleep.

She widened her eyes upon hearing her name and laughed silently to herself before a meek and helpless smile to her face. She relied on him more than she herself imagined and she didn't think that she would ever depend on someone so much after the case with Fairy Tail. But, with him, it felt different. It felt different compared to Kouen, Sinbad, and even the others. She knew that she could depend on him and not only that, she herself wanted to depend on him because she trusted him. Her eyes shone with faith and certainty and she counted on him.