XXIII

The curtain opened and Ja'far turned around.

"You're finally done, Lu-!" he stopped in his tracks and widened his eyes.

Hinahoho turned around and Masrur looked up, wondering why Ja'far had suddenly stopped speaking. The two, too, widened their eyes in complete shock as they saw why Ja'far had lost his voice. The scene that they saw couldn't even be put into words. Standing there was Lucy but at the same time, not Lucy. It was as if she had descended from the heavens itself. People stopped to gawk and stare at her and even the merchant was at a loss. The cloak had veiled her face and body so seeing her without it, he didn't think she would be such a beauty.

Lucy slowly lifted her long eyelashes, revealing the entrancing brown orbs that pulled in anyone that looked at them. She pursed her lips and her golden hair fell from behind her ear and slightly down to the side. She wore a Kou Empire's white dress with gold lines at the collar and end of her sleeves and dress. A white waistband cloth was placed around her waist with a golden sash tying it together. Patterns of gold flowers decorated the dress as large frills flowed from under the sleeves, dress, and along the collar. A white shawl wrapped itself around her arms as it floated alongside her. She looked absolutely divine.

"What do you think?" she asked.

The three were at a loss for words and finally found their voice when the merchant spoke up.

"I've never seen someone from the outside look so good in the clothes of the Kou Empire. It absolutely suits you!" he complimented her with genuine words. "If you'd like, we have some more clothes for you try on."

Lucy waved her hand. "I-It's fine."

The first time they had seen her in Chinese style clothes, it was when Kougyoku had changed her into one when they had found her. At that time, they didn't pay that much attention but seeing it now, she looked almost like an entirely different person.

Ja'far stared at her, his face slowly turning red.

"Does it look weird?" she asked, worryingly.

"Ja'far's just like that, little girl," Hinahoho grinned. "It suits you."

Lucy smiled at the compliment. "Thank you, Hinahoho," she said before turning to Masrur. "Masrur?" she tilted her head.

"Huh? A-Ah...yeah," he blinked before turning away. He glanced at her and uncovered his mouth, revealing his reddened cheeks. "You look beautiful," he said. "Lucy."

She widened her eyes as her reaction was entirely different from the reaction that she had given Hinahoho. She lowered her head as her face flushed a rosy red before glancing up at him, only to see him continuing to look at her. Lucy saw herself be reflected in his eyes and was surprised by how she looked in them. The ends of her lips curled upwards as she held her sleeves together. Flashing a bright smile at him, she thanked him.

"Thank you, Masrur," she said.

"It indeed looks wonderful on you, Lucy-sama," Ja'far finally regained his composure. "Should we buy it?"

"Huh? Is it okay?" she blinked.

"Don't worry. Sin gave us the money to do whatever we wanted today. Might as well spend it," Ja'far said. "Since it looks so good on you, let's buy it! Merchant, we'll be taking this."

"Should I package it for you?"

Ja'far looked at her and smiled softly. "No. It would be a waste to not see her in such a style," she said. "But, can I get a bag to put her current clothes in?"

"Of course."

"Well, it isn't that hard to move around in this," Lucy twirled around with elegance. "It isn't like the royal attire that we wear during banquets and events."