VIII

Stepping into the bustling streets of Sindria, the morning sun shone down upon the market square as people hurried and shouted about in joyous voices, either advertising their products or talking amongst one another about their day. Children played with one another as small performances were held for common entertainment.

Lucy stepped onto the street, her white flats lined with gold touching the dusty stone-paved road. A white light cloak was wrapped around her, covering her body and head from the curious glances of the passerby as well as the sun's rays. People paid no attention to her, something that she was glad for. That way, she wouldn't have any trouble walking around town. Upon seeing all the foreign and domestic goods that Sindria had to offer, Lucy's eyes widened in excitement as she took in everything around her. It was her first time that she had seen such a crowded place and with so many people around. It was her first step outside of the castle and she couldn't have asked for anything better than this.

"So this is Sindria," she gasped, looking around her in wonder.

She walked around, her eyes wandering. Even as she bumped into someone, the person would just laugh and tell her to be mindful of her surroundings, words that she hadn't expected. Nodding her head, she continued to explore her surroundings with fascination. Masrur watched her as she took slow but light steps, smiling at how her eyes glowed up each time she saw something.

Masrur continued watching her and as he saw a group of people walking towards her, he immediately tried to catch up. With the way she was walking, she had already bumped into multiple people and there was no doubt that she would bump into the approaching group as well. However, before he could catch up to her, Lucy already bumped into them.

"Oh! Watch out there, little miss," a man said, blotting out the sun above her.

"Ah, I'm sorry," Lucy quickly apologized.

The man towered over her but even so, he wasn't intimidating in the slightest bit. With a warm smile, he walked around her and waved at her. "Don't keep your head in the clouds, little miss! You'll end up lost!"

Lucy nodded her head once more and couldn't help but think just how kind the people of Sindria were. The people that she had met at the castle were kind but to think that the majority of Sindria's citizens were like this...in the back of her mind, the lone thought of how different it was from Fiore loitered. For a moment, her eyes darkened but she quickly shook the thought out of her. It would be a waste to think about them when she was having such an experience.

"Young miss, would you like to buy some apples?" a middle-aged woman called out to her with a brilliant smile as she pointed at the fruits laid out before her in crates.

Lucy tilted her head and looked around before pointing at herself. "Me?"

The woman laughed. "Of course it's you. Who else would I be talking to? Are you new to this country, miss?"

Lucy walked over to her stall and nodded her head.

"Well, welcome to Sindria, young miss!" the woman jovially exclaimed. "How about it? Mind buying some apples from this old lady here?" 

"You're not old," Lucy quickly said.

"Is that supposed to be a compliment so I can lower the price of the apples?" the woman raised an eyebrow but quickly laughed it off. "I'm just joking around with you! But as a welcoming gift for you, I can lower the price of the apples by one dinar."

"Dinar?"

Masrur walked up behind her and the woman looked up and freaked out a bit upon seeing Masrur. Towering over the stand, his facial expression was blank and his deep pink eyes possessed no interest at all. Moreover, the woman already understood that there was no messing with this man. He stood protectively over Lucy but at the same time, at a safe distance so as to not intrude upon her privacy.

The Guarded Princessजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें