XLVI

Preparations had begun and all the leaders of their respective countries had gathered on the island that was situated right in the midst of the Kingdom of Sindria, the Kou Empire, and the Reim Empire. It was a place inhabited by no one and was created after the event with Ill Ilah for the sole purpose of enabling them all to gather and strategize together when it came down to it. A place that was neutral and under no one's rule; the perfect place for powerful leaders like them to gather without falling under the control of anyone else.

"Then allow me to introduce you all," Ja'far said, standing by Sinbad's side as he looked at Lucy. "This is Lucy Heartfilia-sama, the Royal Princess of the Kingdom of Sindria and the Lady of Graceful Beauty of the Kou Empire."

Lucy nodded her head slightly.

"So this is the rumored princess that everyone has been going on about," Artemina mused. "I'm Mira Danius Artemina, the Queen of Artemyra. I heard that my daughter has taken quite the liking in you and I thank you for taking care of her."

"I should be the one thanking you," Lucy smiled. "Pisti always keeps me company and always makes things all the more enjoyable."

Artemina grinned, already liking her.

"The name's Armakan Amun-Ra, the King of the Heliohapt Kingdom. I should also express my thanks for taking care of that idiotic younger brother of mine," Armakan said. "It seems that you've put up with a lot. After all, there's also King Sinbad."

Rametoto laughed heartedly as he looked at Lucy with interest. "When I first heard that that Sinbad took in a girl and named her the Royal Princess, I thought he had finally lost his mind. But," he smirked. "I can see why everyone is so smitten with you."

"I am not worthy of such words," she answered.

Lucy just stared at him with a blank look, thinking that what he meant held no real meaning behind them. She thought of everyone around her as friends and some even closer but other than that, there really wasn't anything else. As friends, was it weird to not be attracted to one another? Seeing the expression on her face, Rametoto laughed even more.

"Let's just hope that she won't be the end of you, Sinbad," he looked at the man in question and Sinbad looked away in distress, already wounded enough.

The same could be said of the others for despite how direct Rametoto was in his choice of words, Lucy still remained oblivious to the feelings of the others around her. As Sinbad averted his gaze, Kouen's expression turned grim as Masrur tensed up beside Lucy.

"Enough with the fooling around," Darius said.

Artemina clicked her tongue. "What a boring man."

He glared at her before focusing his attention back on Lucy. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Lucy-sama. I am the Knight King Darius Leoxses of Sasan Kingdom."

"The pleasure is all mine," Lucy answered.

"From the Reim Empire, Muu Alexius, the Captain of the Fanalis Corps," Muu introduced himself with a grin. "And this here is Scheherazade-sama, the High Priestess of the Reim Empire and a Magi."

Scheherazade sat there with her staff in hand and Muu standing right behind her. She opened her eyes and stared at Lucy. Lucy looked back at her and as Scheherazade smiled, she was reminded of Mavis a little. Lucy smiled softly back and lowered her head slightly at her.

"You must be Lucy," she said.

"Yes."

She smiled, already having come to like Lucy. "Thank you for helping us, Lucy. I appreciate it."