LX

Behind the counter of the shop, a fairly young, handsome man stood there as he attended to a new piece of his work. Holding it up to the sunlight, he smiled and placed it back down. Walking to another counter, he placed it in its glass case and locked it up. The bell chimes at the entrance of his store rang and looking up, he knew exactly who it was that would be standing there.

"You've caused quite the ruckus in Fiore," he said and placed his white gloves on.

She lifted her hood off of her head and the man beside her did the same. She looked around the shop and in the few months that she hadn't been here, she was glad to see that nothing had changed. Masrur looked outside and seeing that there were no people out there, he relaxed.

"News sure travels fast in Fiore, doesn't it?" she spoke.

"When all the citizens and soldiers are gathered in one place and with the appearance of both a Magi and the rumored, guarded princess of both the Kingdom of Sindria and the Kou Empire, you should know what would happen," he chuckled. "Lucy."

She smirked. "Then, Kaede, would you mind?"

"Not at all," he said and opened the entrance to behind the counter. "I had a feeling you were going to come here for refuge. Masrur-san, Lucy, please."

They followed him and as they stepped behind the counter, Kaede closed it before moving over to open a door that was situated towards the back side of the shop. Turning the key, he opened the door and they stepped through. There was a table in the center of the room, good enough to fit a family, and several other tables on the side as well as stoves, pots, pans, and other kitchenware. A small, makeshift bed was situated to the side and they could tell that it was his workshop.

"I haven't cleaned the place in a while so it might be a little dusty," he said, moving the lamps aside on the table.

"It's fine," Lucy smiled. "Having you offer us a place is more than enough."

Masrur nodded his head. "Thank you, Kaede."

Kaede simply shook his head and smiled. "No one will check here so feel free to stay here until Fiore has calmed down again."

Lucy nodded her head and took a seat as Masrur did so as well. Kaede turned and went to rearrange some of the materials that he had sprawled upon the table and after having done so, he went to prepare a tray of tea for them before taking a seat down with them.

"So, you conquered that dungeon that appeared?" he asked, setting the cups of tea down in front of them.

"Yes," she answered.

"I see," he smiled, satisfied. "Did you come here alone with Masrur-san? Where're the others?"

Lucy turned her attention down to the cup of tea situated in front of her with a rather sorrowful yet accepting expression. Kaede noticed it and looked over to Masrur who closed his eyes to confirm it as he began to explain to him.

"We've decided to go on our own journey," Masrur said.

"Was it because of that incident?" Kaede asked. "I heard that the Garanda Empire had declared war on all three empires but I heard that there were some complications. Is it because of that?"

"Yes," Lucy spoke up. "I'm a weak person and it's about time I started changing. Kaede, remember how I was back then?"

Kaede stiffened. "Of course. You were so fragile as if one touch would break you."

"I don't want to become someone like that again," she picked up her tea. "Someone who couldn't even protect herself or those around her. At that time, despite all the efforts that everyone put in, I still couldn't protect a single one of them by myself."