㉑ M e e k a s a l a m p

You've got your demons
And darling they all look like me

P A R K E R

In a team of three, we stood over Helen Cho's body, staring at the dead. I read the autopsy report for them, even though I already know the details.

   "She was poisoned with a mixture of many Spider's poisoning, it works very slowly, she had conscious and was in lots of pain before she died of heart failure." I said.

   "He didn't kill her right away?" Strange asked me.

   "No."

   "What about the blood?"

   "He slid her wrists in case someone found her before she died of poison." Rogers said sadly. "So she'd die of blood loss instead."

   "He's creating a pattern, I just can't see what it is yet." Strange said, and yes I'm waiting for him to figure out the puzzle.

   "I'll try to work on that." I said, everyone gave each other a nod and Doctor Strange headed out, Detective Rogers was about to follow but I pulled him back.

   "Detective, we need to talk."

   He was confused, but I acted more concerned.

   "Have you talk to Agent Barnes?"

   "No, not really."

   "Is he still at your place?"

   "Yes. What is this about?"

   I looked around, like I was trying to make sure there was just us alone. "This hits me last night, I want you to be the first to hear it out."

   "Okay...?"

   "Have you noticed that, before all the cases since we've been working here, agent Barnes was never with us when the killer strikes."

   "..." He looked at me with wide eyes. "That's an outrageous accusation."

   "I'm not accusing him, just... think about it. He was the one visiting you at the bar, he was there to watch you and Sharon Carter to pick her as the next target."

   "..." Rogers's expression changed, he followed me now. "But... I called him for help when I found her body."

   "He could've been watching you, he might've been right around the corner."

   "..."

   "Why are we always one step behind him? Why was he never caught? Why are all the evidence not have a fingerprint on it? It makes sense, he was an insider."

   "But the killer kidnapped him--"

   "Did he? Nobody saw him at the bar. His car he claimed he drove off was still at your house."

   "..."

   "What if he was at the crime scene, playing the Spider, putting an end to Helen Cho then passed out, then woke up not knowing what he has done."