⓴ S i l e n t a s t h e d e a d

It'll leave you breathless'
Or with a nasty scar'

R O G E R S

   There was something about the crime scene, something special and stood out than the other ones Rogers have seen. He felt like looking at a canvas, that was painted and decorated in red and corpse, like it was a kind of art, every stain had its meaning, every posture had its feeling.

It stuck in everybody's mind who've seen it, and probably would stay there for weeks. As they headed back Helen Cho's death affected everyone, especially agent Barnes who had no idea why he woke up there.

   The situation was so bad, Nick Fury had to come down to take care of it all himself. Steve watched Helen's body being taken to the forensic lab when Fury placed his hand on his shoulder.

   "You're alright, Detective?"

"Oh... Hello, Director. I'm fine, but I don't think agent Barnes is." He glanced at Bucky who was sitting alone, with his hands on both his temples.

Then some of the FBI's men approached him, Steve's eyebrows twisted in a sharp move as he was about to dash in to keep them away from Barnes but Fury stopped him.

"No way. You do not interrogate him. He was just traumatized." Steve said.

"We need to." Fury replied firmly. "As a witness."

Peter Parker walked in with the rest of the team, he exchanged a short glance with the Director of FBI and they all headed along to the interrogation room. Bucky Barnes was in another side of that one-way mirror.

An agent from another department was the interrogator, she walked in and sat on the opposite seat as him calmly. "Hello, agent Barnes." She said. "I'm Agent Claire Miller."

"..." Bucky just looked at her. The room was as silent as the dead.

"When exactly did you leave Detective Steve Roger's house yesterday?"

"... I don't know."

"You don't know?"

"I don't remember."

Fury turned his face to Rogers. "Do you remember?"

"Not for sure. Somewhere after nine, I guess, I fell asleep, he left on his own." He replied.

10:47. Peter knew the answer to that. Yet he said nothing.

"Agent." Claire continued. "Where were you headed to?"

"Some bar, I wanted to get drunk."

"And did you arrive?"

"I... did actually."

"What was the last thing you remember?"

His head hurts, his veins burned of chemicals that made his skin itching. "I got off the car and looked at the neon sign of ButterflyRains."