Chapter 13

*** Sorry its been so long.. hoping to get some more up very soon. ***

I was running out the door when I ran smack dab into my dad’s and Alpha Marcus as they were quickly coming up the stairs. They all had worried looks on their faces. Alpha Marcus was the one that caught me as I almost fell flat on my butt.

Mathias was coming back up the stairs with Raven right next to him.

“What’s going on?” I asked them all.

“Ellis, why didn’t you tell us that you were confronted by a hunter today?” My dad Jackson asked me.

I was thoroughly confused, what did he mean? “What? Who?”

Raven made her way over to me and stood face to face with me. “The man that told you to watch yourself, Ellis, he was a Hunter. They are the only ones that know about us.”

“Why didn’t you tell me when we were at the mall, we could have done something about his being here.” I said back to her.

“I couldn’t, I knew we had to just play it off like it was nothing. We want to throw them off, make them think that we are not ready for them.”

“What Raven is failing to mention is that we knew that some of them would follow us from the Mountains. We were hoping that they would, and then maybe the small Pack we have left can fend off the others and kill them.” My dad Kevin said.

Alpha Marcus turned to me. “Ellis, what can you remember about the man at the mall?”

I racked my brain trying to remember the man that I wanted to just forget. “Um… He was tall, maybe about 5’10” or 11”, he had dirty blond hair, and he had a cut that didn’t look quite healed on his cheek.”

“That would be Al, he is one of the head Hunters, if he is here, then Thomas is too.” Kevin said.

“How do you know who he is?” I asked back to him.

“Well, the cut that you mentioned, I gave that to him in the last attack before we came here. It was really deep, almost went right through his face.” He seemed almost happy about that fact.

“Wait, so what does this mean, are they going to try and come after us now, here?” I was getting nervous. From the little I knew about the Hunters, they did not fight very fair at all.

My dad Jackson spoke now. “No, they are here, but we think that they are just scoping us out, seeing if they would be able to take us. They would not have the man power here and we have eliminated all the Hunters within a 1,000 mile radius from here.”

“So what do we do now, just sit idly by and wait for them to make a move?” This was making no sense to me at all.

“No honey.” Mathis said. “This means that we gather a strategy and make our move before they can. The battle may be coming soon and we all need to be prepared. All of us, that means you too.” He had his hands firmly planted on my shoulders and he was looking into my eyes.