Chapter 23

*** As promised to my lovely reader @SareelaLove I have another chapter for you all. Hope you like it and there will be more to come as I now think I know where this book is going... Thanks you all for your patience and again, please comment, I love hearing from you all. ***

IrishEyez

Chapter 23

 “ELLIS!!! ELLIS CAN YOU HEAR ME!?” I heard a familiar voice yelling out to me. I felt a sharp pain in my leg and no matter how hard I tried to move it, it would not budge.

“Mathias… help me Mathias, it hurts so bad.” I was able to slowly open my eyes and saw him outside the car with blood running down his face.

He was pulling at the door but even with his extra strength, it would not open. The sound of sirens told me that there was more help on the way.

“What happened Mathias?” I asked as I tried to shift my body into a different position to get my leg freed.

He continued to pull on the door and I could tell he was getting very frustrated. “Sir, you’ll need to step away from the car.” A fireman tried getting Mathias to back away, but I knew that he wouldn’t.

“I’m not leaving her, she needs to get out of there, and she’s pregnant!” He was yelling at the fireman as another came up with the Jaws of Life and yet another man slid into the driver’s side, asking me a bunch of questions and checking me over.

“I’m okay, it’s just my leg.” I said to the man next to me. “Mathias, you need to let them do their jobs, go get checked out, I’m fine.” I pleaded with him, there was so much blood and I knew that no matter how much wolf healing power he has, he might still need help.

Mathias was pulled by paramedics over to the waiting ambulance and the firemen had a blanket over me to keep any glass from falling on me and they got the roof and the door pulled off the car. They carefully got me out and onto a backboard.

I could already feel my leg healing and I knew that if it was broken it would need to be broken again so it would set properly. I was placed into the waiting ambulance with Mathias at my side. He was cleaned up and he was holding an ice pack to his head.

The paramedic put an IV in my arm and they had a splint on my leg. “Tell me what happened Mathias, please?”

He looked down and then back up at me, taking the ice pack from his head. “I wish I could tell you, I honestly don’t know. One second we are driving along and the next I am waking up in the middle of the road. I didn’t see anything in the road; nothing seemed out of the ordinary. The police said that they are going to do everything that they can do to find out what happened.”

“This doesn’t make any sense Mathias. Does anyone else know yet?” The paramedic was checking my vitals again while I talked to Mathias.

“Not yet, my phone was lost in the wreck and I am not sure if word had gotten to them.” He held my hand after the paramedic checked my pulse and in no time, we were at the hospital.

I was whisked into a readied room and they told Mathias to go into the waiting room, but he paced outside my room instead.

The nurses and doctors checked me over and I felt pretty fine until they re-set my leg back into position. The only time I felt more pain was when I shifted for the first time only a few short months ago.

“Okay Ellis, we are going to do an ultrasound to make sure that the little one is doing alright.” The doctor who couldn’t have been more than 28 said while a nurse pulled a portable ultrasound machine next to my bed.

“Wait, can the father come in please. This is the first ultrasound, and I would like him in here.” I asked as I held the doctors hand back from the wand.