Chapter 26... Epilogue....

*** I know that there would be one more chapter and then the eppie... but I felt that this was a good place to leave off. Let me know what you think of it and if there should be a sequel.. or no... either way, tell me. Last time I check, I sadly could not read minds. <3 Thank you all for reading Finding Me... this is bittersweet! ***

Irishyez

Epilogue!!!

“You’re doing great Ellis, just keep breathing.” Mathias said in a hushed tone.

I have been in labor for the last 17 hours and I’m exhausted. The anesthesiologist has been called and I’m hoping like hell that he gets here before this baby makes its grand entrance. We don’t know if we are having a boy or a girl, all we know is that it is healthy and strong.

I was nearly squeezing Mathias’s hand off when there was a knock at the door. Oh saints be praises, the magic man had arrived. Under my dad Jackson’s supervision, I am having the baby at a regular hospital. The anesthesiologist is thankfully a member of the Pack, so he is able to give me the quantity of meds that I need as meds burn off quicker with werewolves.

Once he was done, I instantly relaxed and fell into a much needed deep sleep. Throughout my slumber I recalled the events of the last few months.

First, there was the accident. Turns out it was just that, an accident. The hairs that were found on the bumper were that of a deer, it must have jumped into Mathias’s blind spot, hitting the car and causing it to go out of control. We were so happy to hear this news, as we were not prepared to battle any other Packs or more hunters.

Then there was our honeymoon, we decided to just make it a short trip to the west coast. We spent a week basking in the sunlight and going to Hollywood to try and catch a glimpse of a celebrity or two. We were fortunate enough to see Ian Somerhalder who I wanted to chase down and we also saw Kim Kardashian who winked at Mathias and tried to talk to him. He had no idea who she was and I was tempted to smack her. Once we ‘kindly’ informed her that he is married, she backed off.

The third big event was the merging of our Packs. Alpha Marcus is now in charge of both Packs and he seems to be relishing in it. Mathias is going to be taking over in a few months once he has some time with me and the baby as well as a few more private talks with Alpha about how to run a Pack. I know that Mathias is ready, but he keeps insisting that he wants just a little more time before he takes on roughly 200 members of a Pack.

My dad was happy to step down. He spent so much time running and fighting that he was worn out and just wanted to be a dad and grandpa now. It didn’t last long though, he quickly found something to occupy all of his time. Cars, he had taken to restoring old cars. The latest one was a 1957 Chevy truck, which he is going to paint pink for me.

 Lastly, and it has led us here, was the pregnancy. Once the morning sickness subsided full, I enjoyed it. Everything from the doctor’s visits to getting to feel the little one moving around. No one really knows how odd hiccups are until you feel your unborn baby have them. Mathias enjoyed it as well, even if he did groan about having to go to the store at 2am to get me a particular flavor of ice cream, only to have me sleeping and no longer wanting it when I woke up.